SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Wish It Was True. Dedicated to Efforts in Fighting Veteran Suicide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wish It Was True. Dedicated to Efforts in Fighting Veteran Suicide Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
The singer/songwriter goes by “The White Buffalo.” His name is Jake Smith. You may know of him from either The Sons of Anarchy or The Punisher series.

I’ve never read what Smith had in mind when he wrote the song, but it just seemed to speak to veteran suicide. The numbers hover around 17-18/ year day. You can add 2 or 3 active duty service members/ year day.

I heard this song and thought of an old friend of mine. He lost his son a year ago. The memorial service was about the last thing we did before the Virus took off. I think I’ll add his picture to this post.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TMats,

Posts: 13293 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
One of the members of my weekly shooting group is a retired Navy Seal (a real one) and when he first started with us, his wife is the one who hooked him up with us as she was worried about him.

He's improved tremendously over the 3 or 4 years he's shot with us and I think he's out of the woods now.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The warrior may leave the valley but the valley never leaves the warrior. A very sad & complex issue with neither easy answers or solutions. The goal should understanding & to identify opportunities for prevention before a veteran enters a crisis situation.

Posts: 13818 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
17-18 per day, not year.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by caneau:
17-18 per day, not year.

Right. Bad mistake. Thanks

Posts: 13293 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
The White Buffalo is awesome. He also has several songs that relate to the difficulties suffered by vets who return home with scars you can’t see. I’m a big fan of his work.

Posts: 2594 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post