SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movie: Wind River 2017
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie: Wind River 2017 Login/Join 
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yup, one of my favorite movies. So dark and eerie, the music is just as forlorn...a perfect score.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Certainly looking forward to it here in Wyoming. I used to supply trees to a Shoshone medicine man for the annual sun dance when I was District Ranger on the BTNF.

Did you ever get a chance to watch it?

The movie, I think, takes place in the area of the Wind River Indian Reservation.

I am curious what you thought of it?

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I re-watched it several months ago. It stands up to repeated viewings and is one of my top 50.

Yeah, the rifle choice was kind of goofy, but it does have screen presence, which is what counts in a movie. It stood out, as opposed to some generic bolt action.

Kelly Asbile continues to take heat for playing Native roles, including in Yellowstone. Unfortunately, to my eyes, she comes off as kind of a chew-the-scenery actress who takes it to 11 on the histrionics scale.

I don't know if it comes off as a director's signature, but Sheridan writes and directs great convoy, for lack of a better term, scenes. There's the one approaching the bad guys' camp in Wind River, the one in the episode of Yellowstone, in which they are going to recover the missing horses, and of course the ones going into and out of Mexico in Sicario, including one of the great gunfights in cinema. They all felt just like prepping and going out to serve warrants.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Certainly looking forward to it here in Wyoming. I used to supply trees to a Shoshone medicine man for the annual sun dance when I was District Ranger on the BTNF.

Did you ever get a chance to watch it?

The movie, I think, takes place in the area of the Wind River Indian Reservation.

I am curious what you thought of it?

Jim, I’ve made several posts in this thread. I think I’m up to 4 viewings of the movie, and it’s a favorite of mine.

I was not invited to attend the ceremony, so no, I haven’t watched it.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
If you enjoyed Wind River, the same writer (Taylor Sheridan) also put out Hell or, High Water
and Sicario

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Watched it again a week or so ago, I think that I have watched it now about 10-12 times. Love this movie, one of my favorite 5 movies of all times.

Have the DVD too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:

Yeah, the rifle choice was kind of goofy, but it does have screen presence, which is what counts in a movie. It stood out, as opposed to some generic bolt action.

Curious why you think his rifle was an odd choice? I felt it fit perfectly and would very likely be what I would carry out there.
Granted mine is an 1895GBL and not the SBL since that is what I have though the SBL is likely better suited for the harsher conditions.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post