SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movies about Texas
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies about Texas Login/Join 
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
A companion thread to songs about Texas.
The Last Picture Show

Great movie, loved the sequel Texasville as well as the book, funny as hell.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Sugarland Express, a sorely under-rated movie.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Great film.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Agree w previous posts... re Lone Star and Hell or High Water.

-Dazed and Confused

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Seven Days in Utopia is kind of a good little movie about Texas and it has Golf! Cool

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Friday night lights

Lone Star

Hud

How could I forget Hud. Had very thing. Red neck drinking, driving on dusty roads, family conflicts and a protagonist that seems to have everything going for him that self destructs. That movie set the tone for Newman's carrier.
I tried 3 times to watch Hud. Got up midway every time and walked out. Just could not stand the movie. I kept trying because all my friends just loved it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Friday night lights

Lone Star

Hud

How could I forget Hud. Had very thing. Red neck drinking, driving on dusty roads, family conflicts and a protagonist that seems to have everything going for him that self destructs. That movie set the tone for Newman's carrier.
I tried 3 times to watch Hud. Got up midway every time and walked out. Just could not stand the movie. I kept trying because all my friends just loved it.

flashguy

I guess it's not for everyone (says Mr obvious) But if you dissect it in parts it's really well done and not your typical good guy, bad guy flick. But I hear you. There are any number of movies that people rave about that I can't get past 5 minutes. Over the top Sci-Fi where you need to watch 20 minutes before you figure out WTF is going on is not my cup o tea.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post