SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    embed videos??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

embed videos?? Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted
Bytes thread has me stumped

some folks can embed vids, but apparently I have not learned that skill

help please, on whatever is needed to embed a video,

granted, I used to be able to but youtube has changed some links/prompts etc,

thanks

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10482 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/w9RMGeAeGEg

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18062 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Thank You for that,

Posts: 10482 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
I’m usually postfeminist my phone so sharing a YouTube video is easier using the embedder member mark123 created.

https://imaginekitty.com/tubinator.php

Posts: 5002 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
??

Step #1:
Find the vid you want to imbed
Step #2:
Copy some code that you want to share.

Step #3:go to the S.F. thread that you want to add to

Step #4:
And I am lost

More specifically (this is for Youtube only):

• Go to the desired video.
  • Click on "Share".
  • Click on "Embed". A block of code should appear.
  • Click on "Copy".

• Go or create the SF thread you want the video to post in.
  • From the menu, click on the Filmstrip icon. You should see video tags appear ([FLASH_VIDEO]You will paste here[/FLASH_VIDEO])
  • Paste into the blank space in the middle.
  • Click on "Post Now". You should see your embedded video.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."
  •  
    Posts: 16676 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gloom, despair and
    agony on me.
    Picture of drabfour
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Perhaps the fact that I am trying with a cellphone is contributing to my frustrations.

I will go to the tiny town library this week and use their desk top computer.

( Maybe there will be a teen ager there that will teach me how to do it )

If you hit the share button on YouTube from your phone and paste it in the link that I provided in my previous post and click the submit the you can copy and paste it directly to a post. Straight from your phone no teenager required. Razz

Try it here is the link again.

Posts: 5002 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Semper Fi - 1775
    Picture of Ronin1069
    posted Hide Post
    Add on question - I can embed here okay, but adding the “?T=1:02” code to have the video begin play at a specific time does not seem to work on embedded video’s here.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12377 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gloom, despair and
    agony on me.
    Picture of drabfour
    posted Hide Post

On the wrong side of
    the Mobius strip
    Picture of Patrick-SP2022
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ronin1069:
    Add on question - I can embed here okay, but adding the “?T=1:02” code to have the video begin play at a specific time does not seem to work on embedded video’s here.

Instead of "?T=1:02"
    Try using "?start=62"

Posts: 4145 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gloom, despair and
    agony on me.
    Picture of drabfour
    posted Hide Post
    ^^ yup

Picture of dsiets
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ronin1069:

I've always paused the video at that "Time", clicked Share, and checked the box at the bottom where it asks if you want to start at that Time.

Posts: 7457 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lost
    Picture of kkina
    posted Hide Post
    ^Yes, that's the easiest way to do it, no need to know the actual code.

Realize that once you get to the "Embed Video" window with the block of code, you might need to scroll down slightly to see the "Start at..." checkbox.

▢ Start at 0:00

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."

Posts: 16676 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gloom, despair and
    agony on me.
    Picture of drabfour
    posted Hide Post
    Unless your posting it from a mobile device then you don’t get that option same as you don’t get the same embed codes.

Purveyor of
    Fine Avatars
    Picture of Orguss
    posted Hide Post
    Of course, it's also not necessary to embed videos. Posting a link is absolutely fine, too.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18062 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gloom, despair and
    agony on me.
    Picture of drabfour
    posted Hide Post
    Glad to help but you can thank mark123 he created the link I shared.

posted Hide Post
    Thanks Mark123.
    You have helped make a wonderful place even better

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55012 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    No, not like
    Bill Clinton
    Picture of BigSwede
    posted Hide Post

Posts: 5437 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gloom, despair and
    agony on me.
    Picture of drabfour
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Orguss:
    Of course, it's also not necessary to embed videos. Posting a link is absolutely fine, too.

You can even title the link to the video.

אַרְיֵה
    Picture of V-Tail
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Bump
    "It is a large beump. You could receive the concussion from such a beump."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31126 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Hop head
    Picture of lyman
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by drabfour:
    quote:
    Perhaps the fact that I am trying with a cellphone is contributing to my frustrations.

I will go to the tiny town library this week and use their desk top computer.

( Maybe there will be a teen ager there that will teach me how to do it )

If you hit the share button on YouTube from your phone and paste it in the link that I provided in my previous post and click the submit the you can copy and paste it directly to a post. Straight from your phone no teenager required. Razz

Try it here is the link again.

bumpity,

FWIW, I saved this link and use it ,

Thanks