SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Furiosa - A Mad Max Saga
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Furiosa - A Mad Max Saga Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Worst weekend in general.

Posts: 4423 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May watch it when it makes it to streaming.

Got tired of the repetitive commercials for the movie. Hearing Helmsworth saying “Do you have it in you to make it epic?” over and over actually turned me off.

Posts: 3407 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK: It's by far the best Mad Max film. Not even close.

It's a great looking modern action movie but come on, Road Warrior is the best of the series.

JC

Posts: 1302 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Apparently it is not a bad film but independent of the business side.

Posts: 23186 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It's a girl boss film that doesn't have a girl boss, but the audience who has been girl bossed to death assumes it's a girl boss movie and avoids it. I'm still going to get it on disc, but if this was going to happen, it should have been 5 or 6 years ago.

Until it was pointed out in this vid, I didn't realize that Fury Road came out in 2015. I kept thinking it was 2018 or 19 so you could blame COVID for the film delay.

Posts: 4423 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The momentum is ours. If everyone would just stop paying to be force-fed this shit, Hollywood could be finished off that much faster.

Posts: 108990 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34514 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK: It's by far the best Mad Max film. Not even close.

It's a great looking modern action movie but come on, Road Warrior is the best of the series.

one of those rare occassions where the first and second movie are both good,

Fury Road was Shiney and Chrome,, and good, but the originals still rule

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10564 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Road Warrior is by far the best of the series. Not only is the plot better, but it has had an enormous influence on pop culture. The cinematography, set design, costumes, modded vehicles, and action sequences had never been done quite like that before. It was also the first movie that gave viewers a close up view of a violent and savage dystopian future.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3629 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I saw Furiosa. We both enjoyed it. Not as much as Fury Road. As for her being a girl boss, she absolutely was established as one in Mad Max: Fury Road. This is how she got to be a supreme boss. Was it over the top and go on too long? Absolutely. But it was entertaining and Cris Hemsworth and Anya T-J did quite very well.

Posts: 3552 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
My wife and I saw Furiosa. We both enjoyed it. Not as much as Fury Road. As for her being a girl boss, she absolutely was established as one in Mad Max: Fury Road. This is how she got to be a supreme boss. Was it over the top and go on too long? Absolutely. But it was entertaining and Cris Hemsworth and Anya T-J did quite very well.

The whole idea of a Mad Movie with no Mad Max is just dumb. He was barely a peripheral character in Fury Road and is not even in this one, right?

Posts: 34514 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The whole idea of a Mad Movie with no Mad Max is just dumb. He was barely a peripheral character in Fury Road and is not even in this one, right?

That version of Max was not peripheral in Fury Road and yes, he's not in this one, except maybe super-briefly as an easter egg/homage. Not sure. As to being a dumb idea for a movie, I disagree.

Posts: 3552 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
1) Mad Max
2) Road Warrior
3) Fury Road

4) Beyond Thunderdome

?) Furiosa (unknown, but I expect it to fall above Thunderdome)

This is only my opinion, but I know a few others that share in my ranking so far.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Please tell me where to apply to get my time back for watching this dumb movie. What a dud

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1434 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
1) Mad Max
2) Road Warrior
3) Fury Road

4) Beyond Thunderdome

?) Furiosa (unknown, but I expect it to fall above Thunderdome)

This is only my opinion, but I know a few others that share in my ranking so far.

Yup, that's about right

Posts: 15053 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
To me, it isn’t about if Furiosa is a good movie. It is about if it is a good Mad Max movie. If you market it as a Mad Max saga, and I sit through it waiting for Mad Max to show up, I’m going to be disappointed with the movie when he doesn’t, no matter how good the rest of it might be.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3899 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I watched this with my wife last night. She said "this claymation or whatever they used is terrible" and "I can't believe you are actually sitting through this". This movie is awful.

Posts: 3247 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally watched it yesterday. Thought it was kind of meh. Glad I didn’t spend money to see it in a theater.

Posts: 3407 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Is the speed / frame rate off in the movie or just in all the clips in that video?

(not that it matters, not going to watch it)

Posts: 21338 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
The Road Warrior is by far the best of the series. Not only is the plot better, but it has had an enormous influence on pop culture. The cinematography, set design, costumes, modded vehicles, and action sequences had never been done quite like that before. It was also the first movie that gave viewers a close up view of a violent and savage dystopian future.

Watched The Book of Eli and thought the same, a movie set in a dystopian future after total annihilation of the world, well almost, you need survivors, who can't read, speak, dress in odd clothing, with some kind of good vs evil quest for a grail be it the bible or fuel.

Posts: 24203 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post