SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Furiosa - A Mad Max Saga
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Furiosa - A Mad Max Saga Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
Well...not sure about this one. I will probably wait to rent it outta Redbox.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Looks good to me. I don't go to theaters but I'll see it eventually.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9415 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
Looks good to me. I don't go to theaters but I'll see it eventually.

Same. The recent years, films are a fraction of what they once were in volume, and quality. The $ has all shifted to episodic bullshit across 20 apps. So they have done it to themselves, and covid is still hitting. I’m sure it will be great from a picture and sound quality in theater or on 4k blu ray like Miller’s last. But this is yet another back story, and I’m past tired of that. The origin story. Really? Start out with that, and move forward, for fuksakes. And I think they should make everything a female lead for years to come and get it over with. Nevermind, they’ve already done that.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12920 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Meh, go originals or go home. I have no love for re-makes. There can be ONLY one Highlander, Capt. Kirk and Road Warrior....

Posts: 2190 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace31:
Meh, go originals or go home. I have no love for re-makes. There can be ONLY one Highlander, Capt. Kirk and Road Warrior....

Well, if you skipped 2015's Mad Max: Fury Road just because it was Tom Hardy playing Max instead of the "original" Mel Gibson, you missed out greatly... It's by far the best Mad Max film. Not even close. In fact, it's one of the best action films of the past several decades.

And considering this is a prequel to Fury Road, and has the same director and writers as Fury Road, I'm definitely in.

Posts: 33031 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:It's by far the best Mad Max film. Not even close. In fact, it's one of the best action films of the past several decades.

It was literally exceptional as stated above.

Posts: 7506 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:

It was literally exceptional as stated above.

Yes! I was completely surprised by how good it was... I've seen it several times. Smile
I will certainly give this prequel a watch.

'veritas non verba magistri'

Posts: 4005 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
I'm in for this one. Great cast and great director.

Posts: 1278 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Mad Maxine? Yeah, no.

Posts: 7394 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Didn’t have any hopes for the last Mad Max and i was WRONG!
Guess even if we disregard the connection with Mad Max, the film will be entertaining at least.

Fingers crossed.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12258 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Mad Maxine? Yeah, no.

You also clearly haven't seen Mad Max: Fury Road.

This isn't some sort of gender-swapped Mad Max remake. Roll Eyes

It's a prequel story about the earlier life of Furiosa, the badass main female character from 2015's Fury Road.

Previously played by Charlize Theron, and now the younger version in this prequel is being played by Anya Taylor Joy, who's actually a pretty damn good actress.

Posts: 33031 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a few of the members need to find Max Mad: Fury Road. It's mentioned on the Best 4K Disc thread as well.

Here's a taste of what we're likely to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...6d1NtYcS1nIxxVY7Xul8

Posts: 4423 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Well, if you skipped 2015's Mad Max: Fury Road just because it was Tom Hardy playing Max instead of the "original" Mel Gibson, you missed out greatly... It's by far the best Mad Max film. Not even close. In fact, it's one of the best action films of the past several decades.

And considering this is a prequel to Fury Road, and has the same director and writers as Fury Road, I'm definitely in.

Fury Road was a good movie, but I don’t consider it a Mad Max movie. It’s really more of a Furiosa movie IMHO, with Max as a secondary character. I’m still upset that they brought the Interceptor back and totally destroyed it in the first few minutes.

Posts: 3407 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
quote:

Fury Road was a good movie, but I don’t consider it a Mad Max movie. It’s really more of a Furiosa movie IMHO, with Max as a secondary character. I’m still upset that they brought the Interceptor back and totally destroyed it in the first few minutes.

true, re the movie and the Interceptor was an nice touch , or probably better stated as an Easter Egg for the fans,

I will watch the new one, hope it is as good as the rest

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10564 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I'll hold out for the reviews.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5514 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
Saw Furiosa in IMAX yesterday. It's very good but it's really something of an iteration on Fury Road, which makes it to a great extent more of the same.

Anya Taylor-Joy is excellent. She is much smaller and more slender than Charlize Theron but she radiates an incredible intensity in the role. Chris Hemsworth absolutely steals the movie as the villain, Dementus.

The stunts are amazing, with only a very little CGI. Like Fury Road, Furiosa is much more visceral in terms of stunts than, say, a Marvel movie.

All in all, while Furiosa doesn't break new ground for action movies, the way Fury Road did, if you liked/loved Fury Road, you'll at the very least, like and enjoy this.

Posts: 1278 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's by far the best Mad Max film.

And that friends is why there's "as ass for every seat". Some people like blondes, some like redheads. I thought Fury Road was a pointless nearly unwatchable mess and it barely held my attention most of the time.

Posts: 21338 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M'headSig:
Saw Furiosa in IMAX yesterday. It's very good but it's really something of an iteration on Fury Road, which makes it to a great extent more of the same.

Anya Taylor-Joy is excellent. She is much smaller and more slender than Charlize Theron but she radiates an incredible intensity in the role. Chris Hemsworth absolutely steals the movie as the villain, Dementus.

The stunts are amazing, with only a very little CGI. Like Fury Road, Furiosa is much more visceral in terms of stunts than, say, a Marvel movie.

All in all, while Furiosa doesn't break new ground for action movies, the way Fury Road did, if you liked/loved Fury Road, you'll at the very least, like and enjoy this.

Excellent, thanks for that. I’ll definitely rent in on 4k disc then. Should release in 60 days. Looking forward to it. Anya is beautiful and can act. And Fury Road, well I wasn’t all hyped up on it like some people, but it was a good film.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16507 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I think I read this is the worst Memorial Day Opening for a film in 40 years.