SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Really big movie stars that you just didn't "get".
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Really big movie stars that you just didn't "get". Login/Join 
Banned
posted
For me Elizebeth Taylor, Judy Garland and Frank Sinatra.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Johnny Depp
Nicolas Cage

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Marlon Brando

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
One of the greats, but a riddle inside an enigma. Stanley Kowalski, the Godfather.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marilyn Monroe. Tragic and talented. Even her analyst could not save her from herself.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
John Wayne
Kevin Costner
Diane Keaton
Jeff Bridges
Tommy Lee Jones
Sharon Stone
Sylvester Stallone
Dwayne Johnson
Will Ferrell
Jeff Daniels
Steven Segal
Tim Allen
Jennifer Lopez
Michael Keaton
Chris O'Donnell

Never thought any of the roles they played were convincing.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woody Allen.

Generally enjoy his films. Annie Hall was great. Like Manhatten. It is his sexual relationship with Dylan Farrow that concerns me.

Robert Blake is another. From Our Gang to Baretta and Fram Oil filters in between.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:
Jeff Daniels

Never thought any of the roles they played were convincing.

I highly suggest you watch Godless. Jeff Daniels did an amazing job in that role.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Nicholas Cage
John Malkovich

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5322 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Cage
Woody Allen
Travolta

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Ben Affleck, Nick Cage, Harrison Ford, John Travolta

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jeff Bridges

Really. Didn't like The Big Lebowski?

I'll add...
Daniel Craig
Halle Berry
Hayden Christensen
Steve Martin

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Nicholson, can't look past the camera, has always broken the fourth wall. He made Scorsese's "The Departed" nearly unwatchable. Are directors afraid to tell him?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Jeff Bridges

Really. Didn't like The Big Lebowski?

Or Tron, or True Grit or Fearless? Crazy Heart? The man seems to be a chameleon, and also hit a lot of different genres while stepping into the role like a second skin. How about Iron Man?
Nuff said, it’s clear I’m a fan.
To each their own.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5322 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I despise woody allen.

Liz Taylor was stunning in her prime, but I never admired her as a person.

Julia Roberts, to me, was the most over-hyped 'starlet' of all time. I did like the movie Steel Magnolias (Roberts' character died and Sally Field got slapped).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I really like a lot of his movies, and he seems like a humble and righteous dude from media report on him, but... Keanu Reeves

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Dustin Hoffman

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Hayden Christensen

I wouldn't call him either "big" or a "star." He rose to fame due to Star Wars, had one last glimpse of stardom with Jumper, then promptly fell off the planet.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nicholson, can't look past the camera, has always broken the fourth wall. He made Scorsese's "The Departed" nearly unwatchable. Are directors afraid to tell him

^^^^
Probably. His early works were a treasure. He has always been an asshole. For something different check out Hells Angels on Wheels {I saw this at the Drive in} and the film in which he costars with Art Gunfunkle. Carnal Knowledge. It defined his greatness. Here is a clip. See below.

posted Hide Post