SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The New Look on Apple TV
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New Look on Apple TV Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
We’ve watched a few episodes and find it intriguing. The series title comes from the name of the fashions of the newly established House of Christian Dior, just after WWII. Where we are at in the mini-series is just after Paris is liberated by the Allies. In the previous episodes, Paris is under German occupation. The two main characters are Dior and Coco Chanel, who I guess could be called the reigning queen of fashion and perfume.

Dior works as a designer for a man named Lucien Lelong, played by John Malkovich. The story is factually based and tells of Nazis, occupied Paris, collaborators, and betrayal. If you have Apple tv (we get it because of my wife’s T-Mobile service), you should take a look.

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, my wife and I are enjoying this as well. Much more interesting than I thought it was going to be. This is an intriguing take on the occupation and recovery of Europe through the culture of fashion.
Boy, Coco was a piece of work, eh?

Posts: 818 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Indeed

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Did anyone else notice; We tuned in to 'New Look' Tuesday night and after a few minutes it switched to Masters of Air's this coming Fridays release, but the New Look audio was imposed over Masters of Air?

Tried again last night and New Look was working fine.

And New Look is a very good and compelling show. Recommended.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post