SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Mr. Inbetween TV series on Hulu
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mr. Inbetween TV series on Hulu Login/Join 
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted
I did a search and didn't see any posts on this absolutely awesome Australian crime series about a professional criminal trying to balance his extraordinary talent for violence with a decent personal life. The tone of the series reminds me of classic hard-boiled crime fiction where the professional criminal protagonist -- while able to become ultra violent at the flick of a switch -- nonetheless has a strict moral code. Think the Richard Stark "Parker" series or James Cann in the film "The Killer Elite."

There are four seasons, with each episode clocking in at around a half hour. While there are season-length and series-length arcs, each episode has an ending of sorts, like a short story. There are some awesome gunplay set pieces, as well.

Really, you guys should check this out.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
This series was highly recommended by a friend of mine, as well, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Been watching it since it started, recommend turning on CC if you don't hear well LOL picking up what they are saying can be a chore at times.

This years been a bit odd, but for the most part it's good

Posts: 23397 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I enjoy it. Some episodes/endings are just eh, but it is this play that the show is about his life. Days of shooting up the opposition and then other boring days of just average life. This is kind of what this story line is about and what keeps me watching. It is entertaining.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just started it.
Not bad, moves a little slow at times. Need to translate from Australian, but just some of the slang.

Is that Dewy Crow (bad-guy from Justified) as the bartender?
Interesting seeing him with hillbilly accent a few weeks ago watching Justified, now an Australian accent here.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ITS Damon Herriman, yeah he was in justified but
his Australian accent is real.

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh and yes Mr Inbetween is great
and the star and writer of the show
also made a movie that this series started from

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by uzigalil:
ITS Damon Herriman, yeah he was in justified but
his Australian accent is real.

Well damn... Now I'm all messed up. I thought it was the other way around.

Played a great role in Justified. So far, pretty good in Mr Inbetween.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy the series and I think this season's story-line was great. Like "Breaking Bad", the characters are believable and interesting. Also like BB, the protagonist attempts and fails to compartmentalize his actions. Is Ray a sociopath or not? Is he a loving father (I think so), or just going through the motions? When you look at the emotional ties he has with those around him and his ability to sever them, it gives pause. In any case, it's a gem of a series and each episode/season ends far too soon.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Really good stuff.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
Found this show the other night, and it’s pretty great. Anybody looking for a new show to watch check it out.

Each episode is only 20 something minutes, but it’s packs a lot.

Give it a go.

Also, it has Dewey Crowe. Who doesn’t like Dewey???

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I watched the first season las night and really enjoyed it.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I watched the first season las night and really enjoyed it.

One of my favorites, too. I binged 3 seasons in about a week. Is it an ongoing series or is 3 seasons it?

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^
Yes, there's gonna be a Season 4 with 9 episodes. The release date hasn't been announced yet. Link

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
^ ^ ^
Yes, there's gonna be a Season 4 with 9 episodes. The release date hasn't been announced yet. Link

As much as I’d like to believe this I don’t think this is true. Scott Ryan who stars, wrote and directed the show has said multiple times that the show is done. He even went so far to say “I’ve outgrown the character.” That’s according to multiple sources.

I just saw that the series is based on a film he did titled “The Magician.” So I think I’ll have to give that a watch.

But looks like we only get three short seasons of Mr. Inbetween.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So… not to be “that guy”, but…

S1 ep 4.

Why go to all the trouble to:
a) know there is such a thing as a Patchet SMG

but

b) not acknowledge that they are very not common, a developmental prototype, and have significant visual differences from the prop gun you end up using

and
c) just calling it a sterling or an L2 A1, or whatever the Australians called it. Still get extra cool gun guy points.

Still, seems a cool series.

And I like the Steyr GB that shows up next episode!

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post