SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Drummers or those that appreciate drummers step in
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drummers or those that appreciate drummers step in Login/Join 
Picture of Sailor1911
posted
Check out "Count Me In" on Netflix. Good documentary on drummers.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Yep

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed that!!! Thanks for posting!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Here's Vinnie Colaiuta playing in 5/4 time:

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!
Tigereye, that is one of my favorite vids with him.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Count Me In" on Netflix.

Watched this not long ago - thought it was great.
Wish they would do a sequel as there are soooo many other great drummers we could hear from.
Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoboV
posted Hide Post
While I don't get Netflix I've been to several drum clinics given by some of the best drummers in the world.

They were all immensely impressive.

The list includes:

Liberty Devitto
Dan Gottlieb
Peter Erskine
Billy Cobham
Dave Weckl

There are a lot of drummers doing covers of Dave Weckl songs here's one of the best, Menios Pasialis performing Festival De Ritmo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evZpvmd6DXg

I discovered this video of Simon Phillips a few months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av9ckvRxnNs

The sting video with Vinnie Colaiuta is excellent.

"Lion Heart is all heart, Smarty Jones is all out!!!"

Posts: 621 | Location: Destrehan, La. U.S. | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post