SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Has the Legend of Robin Hood Been the Most Filmed Story?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has the Legend of Robin Hood Been the Most Filmed Story? Login/Join 
posted
Has any other subject had more movies, adaptations, or TV shows than the singular subject of Robin Hood?
Not including Robin Hood type stories, westerns, gangster, etc. that follow the steal from rich, give to the poor outline.

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Sherlock Holmes holds the record, literally.

https://www.guinnessworldrecor...er-in-film-tv-41743/

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"...However, Sherlock is not the overall most portrayed literary character in film. That title belongs to the non-human character Dracula, who has been portrayed in 272 films...."

Interesting, from your source!
So Robin Hood may not be the top one or even close?

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
and don't forget Rambo Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Haaaaaa!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15481 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I know there's seven versions of "The Four Feathers".

(That's all I got)

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Um, how about Jesus?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Aren't there a million versions of Romeo and Juliet?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
My daughter seems to find a new version of Cinderella about every week. Heck there's even a Cinderella Story starring Hilary Duff.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
"Hamlet" has many, especially if you include The Lion King, and Sons of Anarchy as adaptations.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Rocky MMLXIV

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
King Arthur has to be in the running.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I vote Wyatt Earp and the Gunfight at the OK Corral. Then again, how many movies have been made about Frank and Jesse James.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
If you include parody versions it would probably be Beau Geste.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post