SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What have you been watching?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What have you been watching? Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted
Wife and I are having trouble finding something good to watch lately, so what would you recommend?

Any genre, movie or series. Please specify what service you're watching it on.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AUTiger89,

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6110 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Worthy of consideration... 3 seasons free on PLEX (formerly IMDb).

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/1340076784

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16420 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
What services do you have?

Posts: 5441 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was flat out incredible - would have no problem watching it again - it was that good. I thought it was fascinating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_(miniseries)

MDS

Posts: 393 | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Three Body Problem. (Netflix)

Ted Lasso. (Apple)

Foundation. (Apple)

Letterkenny and Shorsey. (Hulu)

Slow Horses. (Apple)

Posts: 7626 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Peanut Butter Falcon (Amazon) A fantastic feel-good movie that will surprise you.

Hostiles

The New Look (Apple TV+)

Chernobyl (HBO Max)

If you're Christians, The Chosen. (Hulu)

The Sound of Freedom

The new Three Musketeers by Pathe Studios that released in late 2023 in french with english subtitles

Boundless (Amazon Prime). This is about the expedition led by Ferdinand Magellan. Fantastic series! Language filmed in spanish with english caption or voiceover. I chose spanish with english subtitles.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5472 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Witness. On Amazon Prime.
A documentary on the Kitty Genovese homicide from 1964 in NYC. Very well done take on a famous crime.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16274 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I like western's. Tons to choose from.
Sometimes old movies are a good watch too.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19524 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Netflix The Gentlemen series. Been discussed and generally appreciated by the Lair.

Very entertaining.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12215 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I suspect others may find something in this thread, so I didn't specify. I changed the title of the thread to appeal to more people.

But we have Netflix, Prime, and Max, for now.

quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
What services do you have?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6110 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Recently we rewatched Ted Lasso on Apple tv. Just last night we finished with The Night Agent on Netflix. It’s more than a bit contrived, but the two main characters are likable and it’s entertaining.

Posts: 13455 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We’ve been binging the old Magnum series. We bought the box set after Amazon started charging per episode.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4263 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Rewatching Sons of Liberty. Seemed fitting.

Posts: 20350 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Well, I’ve been hitting YouTube pretty hard lately.

Watched the entire season of The Prisoner and Space 1999. I’m about to finish UFO (tv series from the 70’s).

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3442 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Three Body Problem. (Netflix)

Ted Lasso. (Apple)

Foundation. (Apple)

Letterkenny and Shorsey. (Hulu)

Slow Horses. (Apple)

+1 on Lasso and Foundation,

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10482 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Just watched The Judge on Netflix. It’s a 2014 movie that I had seen before, but a great one. Robert Duvall, a favorite actor for sure, along with Robert Downey Jr. and Billy Bob Thornton.

Posts: 13455 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Just started watching The Veil on FX. Elisabeth Moss. Interesting so far.
And all that Goose5 recommended (I can’t say I saw foundation yet, but all the others were good).

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5449 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A new bird just outside my yard boundaries,

Mr. Oposum didn't look both ways and checked out prematurely,
Guessing blunt force trauma vehicle .

So Mr. turkey vulture has been out there picking up the protein goodness.

He, on the other hand, has exceptional traffic skills.

Either waling into the ditch or taking to wing ,
Long before vehicles get any where near.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55015 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Northern Exposure on prime.

Posts: 3621 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Evil

Was recommended to me and so far it’s been an interesting mix of theology, psychology and technology “what if.” I’m only a few episodes into the first season. Let’s see if it holds up.

I’m rewatching Dexter a few episodes a night in the evening. I had forgotten just how sharp those first few seasons were. I doubt I will watch much past season 4 or 5 though.

Posts: 1618 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post