SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Fifty-one years of Squad 51
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fifty-one years of Squad 51 Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
Emergency! debuted on NBC on 1/15/1972. Despite the changing protocols (paramedics haven't had to call the hospital for instructions for many years) and technology over the last 51 years, still holds up. In a probable homage to the show, the station in Chicago Fire is also numbered 51. I enjoyed it both then (early teens) and now.

Posts: 27936 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish it was available on TV or streaming. MeTV plays Adam-12 and Dragnet, but not Emergency. I always enjoyed the show and would love to watch it again.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I get it on FETV.

Posts: 27936 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
That was one of the first TV shows I ever was a fan of. I was a little kid in the'70s, and I was so excited when they came out with the cartoon version of that show for Saturday Morning, Emergency +4. The first lunch box I ever brought to school was the Emergency one. I've been thinking about eBaying one for quite awhile now.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
As a kid, that was my ALL-TIME favorite show. Still remember the call sign…

Station 51 KMG365

That show laid the ground work for almost all paramedic procedures today. It was actually ground-breaking…

Rampart…this is Squad 51. Nurse Kitty… Big Grin EVERYTHING was “start IV with D5W ringers lactate”.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
....... they came out with the cartoon version of that show for Saturday Morning, Emergency +4.

Why does this look a scene from Scooby Doo ?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10916 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
The writers kind of goofed in the canon of the whole thing here

https://www.metv.com/stories/a...-by-an-earlier-story

there was an episode of Emergency where they are watching Adam-12 on TV. Then later on Adam-12, Gage and DeSoto meet Reed and Moloy at the Hospital, face to face.

A bit of an writer's error, but still cool shows, both of them.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10916 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I still occasionally catch it on one of the OTA channels, don't recall which one at the moment. MeTV maybe? Julie London was uber hot.

Posts: 7263 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Batman, superman, Gage, DeSoto, M. Dillon,.

Do Reed and Malloy make the cut ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54624 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The show Chicago fire was touted as being an homage to Emergency,
When it first aired.

But when they strayed too far from the format by all the lying ,stealing ,cheating, fornicating ,
Boozing ,
Credibility went out the window to any semblance of Emergency

Yes , Iam sure today's responders experience all that but it's on 80 % of other tv shows.
It just gets old.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54624 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahhh
One of my favorite TV shows growing up

I don't remember it but my parents tell me I was addicted to it...

I still watch the show almost everyday on the cozi tv channel.

I love watching the scenes when they are being dispatched and pulling out of the firehouse.. There is almost no traffic..

(That goes the same for Adam-12)

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Yeah I really like Emergency.

In that era, I watched shows like Archie Bunker, Little House on the Prairie, and many others. Today I just really can't stand to watch those anymore. The exception is Emergency.

I need to search and see if I can buy a DVD set of the series.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post