SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone familiar with Owen Benjamin?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone familiar with Owen Benjamin? Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
I've watched some of his standup and it's pretty good. Beyond that, he's either a kook who actually believes in flat-earth and other conspiracies, or his rants are a Kaufmanesque troll.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Familiar mainly in a second hand way, through Joe Rogan, Crowder, Stern I believe, others. OB seems to have crossed more than a few lines I gather, he seems marginally stable on his pod casts. I'll be interested to see other replies, Benjamin may be doing the work others won't or he's nuts. I think he may have some value but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I’m only familiar with him in the context of his work on Louder With Crowder. I’ve enjoyed him there but haven’t sought him out anywhere else.

Posts: 6364 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I've watched some of his standup and it's pretty good. Beyond that, he's either a kook who actually believes in flat-earth and other conspiracies, or his rants are a Kaufmanesque troll.

I could get onboard with a lot of his early stuff....then he sorta seemed to go off the rails a bit.
Still, though, some EPIC rants.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
I’m only familiar with him in the context of his work on Louder With Crowder. I’ve enjoyed him there but haven’t sought him out anywhere else.

Yeah, only know him from Crowder.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
So, I guess he got blacklisted because he spoke out against letting 3 year old kids be trans, in ~2017.

This explains a lot:

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Arc.