SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Rend Collective: Irish Christian Band
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rend Collective: Irish Christian Band Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
The Dropkick Murphy’s thread made me think of a Christian worship band out of Northern Ireland called Rend Collective that I’m a big fan of. We saw them play in Lancaster, PA back in 2014 and really enjoyed it. They combine contemporary Christian worship music with elements of traditional Irish music and it really works to me.

Has anyone ever heard of them?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
They seem to be the real deal. I have only been able to see them perform once but they really have a great sound and some good news Smile

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Basically the Christian version of Mumford and Sons (at least what M&S used to sound like.) Not really my cup of tea but I've heard a lot of them, as I play a lot of worship music in churches.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just checked - they are playing about 30 miles from me in a few weeks - unfortunately, COMPLETELY sold out. Wish I had known sooner.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10-8
Picture of Apphunter
posted Hide Post
my 8 year old daughter's favorite song is "My Lighthouse" by Rend collective.

Often when I pick her up from after school care we play it on repeat and sing it at the top of our lungs driving home.

Definitely one of my favorite parts of the day.

Posts: 914 | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Basically the Christian version of Mumford and Sons (at least what M&S used to sound like.) Not really my cup of tea but I've heard a lot of them, as I play a lot of worship music in churches.

Or maybe Mumford & Sons is the secular copy of Rend... Wink

Mumford was formed in 2007

Rend Collective formed in 2002:

quote:

The band was established under the name of Rend Collective Experiment between 2002-2003 at Bangor Elim Church, during a point which drummer Gareth Gilkeson described as "a bunch of us trying to figure out life."

Rend Collective

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

Or maybe Mumford & Sons is the secular copy of Rend... Wink

Mumford was formed in 2007

Rend Collective formed in 2002:

quote:

The band was established under the name of Rend Collective Experiment between 2002-2003 at Bangor Elim Church, during a point which drummer Gareth Gilkeson described as "a bunch of us trying to figure out life."

Rend Collective

RC released their first record in 2010, a year after M&S... and that record only has hints of what their sound has become, which is heavily influenced by M&S's style and instrumentation.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post