New
Find
Notify
Tools

McMafia Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
Any one catch this on AMC. Catching the first episode now, looks good so far!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It does look good. Strong set up in the first episode. Not really seeing the mafia portion yet but strong on James Bond feel - man of mystery.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Haven't heard about this show. Looks like one I need to check out.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it but it gets my vote for stupidest show title so far this year.

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the first episode and am in for now. I have to agree with Para, though, about the title. What were they thinking?

Posts: 631 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not much, apparently.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The name was confusing to me too, but apparently there was a reference to McDonalds vs Burger King as compared to the Mafia business.
I guess you have to have been there to connect the dots.
Nevertheless I liked the first episode.

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I saw the preview and got interested. I tbought the name of the show was going to have something to do with someone's family name. It kind of reminded me a little of The Night Manager.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I tried to watch this. Man, this show stinks up the place. Damn. Piss-poor acting and writing. Is a director even on-set when they're making this thing? Just incredibly bad. Boring and confusing.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
What is it about? The title makes me think its some documentary about McDonald's business practices

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I used the DVR and was watching the show - sometime halfway through the last episode I deleted the episode and went into menu and cancelled the whole series. The first couple of shows were okay, but then the plot just started wandering around and growing more diffuse. I was like what do these kidnapped girls have to do with some kid in England and these schmucks in the middle-east and those schmucks in russia, etc. Just too much loosely connnected boring shit...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
What is it about?
It's about people reciting bad and confusing dialogue in unrealistc ways, and going nowhere fast. That's what I got out of it. Beyond that, I haven't a clue.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
"Going Nowhere Fast"

Exactly. I found myself playing on my phone instead of actually watching the show - that's when I decided not to bother watching at all.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post