SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
That's Logan.

Year V

Posts: 2675 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see Tyson knock Paul's dick in the dirt.

I would not want to be hit by Mike no matter what the gloves or headgear.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5547 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
I'd like to see Tyson knock Paul's dick in the dirt.

I would not want to be hit by Mike no matter what the gloves or headgear.

Basically this!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Anyone that thinks Tyson won’t destroy this guy in a REAL fight is fooling themselves. Tyson is still a beast. If this isn’t scripted, Paul will get destroyed.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15863 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
One of three things happens.

Mike destroys Paul within the first round.

Mike gets exhausted trying to chase down the younger man and Paul wins.

The fix is in and Mike takes the money to lay down for Paul in an "exhibition."

Hopefully Don King and his ilk are nowhere around this. In my ideal world, Mike touches Paul early and often, serving as a reminder that there is a difference between "internet celebrity" and "Professional Fighter." Mike Tyson is not what I would call a role model, but he was certainly one of the most gifted punchers of all time and his movement and footwork have never been fully appreciated by the majority of fight fans. At his peak and while kept focused by a top flight trainer, he had very good odds of defeating any other fighter alive.

Posts: 2666 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard that the rules are:
Paul wears headgear - Tyson doesn't.
Paul has no weight limit - Tyson does.
If Paul chooses, his brother can join him in the ring.

Mike is fully capable even at his age of destroying Paul, and I hope he does.

Posts: 638 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Anyone that thinks Tyson won’t destroy this guy in a REAL fight is fooling themselves. Tyson is still a beast. If this isn’t scripted, Paul will get destroyed.

As to Paul, it probably won't be the ass whipping he would get were it not an exhibition. But I do hope Tyson rings his bell several times as a reminder of what a real opponent is capable of.

Back in his prime, me and some co-workers were talking about Tyson. They couldn't believe anyone would get in the ring against him. I said I would. They all thought I was crazy, That he'd kill me. I replied "That may be, but if he doesn't, first thing I'll say when I wake up from the coma is 'Where's my money?" I think Paul is doing exactly that.

Tony

Posts: 377 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1668 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
That knockout compilation says it all.

Pinpoint accuracy on follow-up punches and ferocious uppercuts.

I wouldn't even want to pillow fight him.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5547 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
That knockout compilation says it all.

Pinpoint accuracy on follow-up punches and ferocious uppercuts.

I wouldn't even want to pillow fight him.

I was surprised how often Tyson hit a guy who was as good as down, up against the ropes or halfway to the canvas or on his knees or defenseless with arms at the side and the like. Beyond vicious, a killer instinct to the max. I guess I didn't see as many Tyson fights as I thought.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8585 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Yep, exactly

Posts: 4238 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
That one at 3:18 was art.

Posts: 45578 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Yep, it's an exhibition match, which is a glorified sparring session. Neither guy going into it will box all-out. We'd be lucky if they went 75% effort.
No matter how mellow and zen Tyson tries to become, he still has a helluva temper and can switch it on in an instant.

This is a plane flight a year ago:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23714 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Looks like the fight has been bumped to November 15th.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25721 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post