SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Operation Mincemeat, January 2022
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Operation Mincemeat, January 2022 Login/Join 
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted
I hope this one is better than the trailer makes it look.

Posts: 11157 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This a remake of The Man Who Never Was, a 1956 film starring Clifton Webb. I've seen the original on TV several times over the years. It will be interesting to see how the remake compares.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Never_Was

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 1956 version is a good film. True story too. The remake interests me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16066 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Saw this on the History channel a while back. This looks like it could be a good movie, it was a very interesting story

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Just watched this last night. Very good story. And as a side story, seeing a young Ian Flemming and exposure various parts of the espionage world is funny.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Yeah I liked it. I was sick the week running up to Christmas so I watched a dozen movies or so, this being one of them. It wasn't great, I don't think, but it wasn't bad and the story is pretty neat.

I also watched Patton, which of course, is great. No mention of the lightened resistance in Sicily due to Mincemeat, though.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Just watched this last night.
Is it streaming anywhere? Can't find it on Prime, Netflix, or iTunes.

Posts: 20073 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Just watched this last night.
Is it streaming anywhere? Can't find it on Prime, Netflix, or iTunes.

It's on Netflix.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well worth your time!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16066 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Yep, good story.

Just two complaints, though. Production type complaints. First, the noise levels. I found myself having to adjust the volumes throughout the film. It went from muffled to too loud multiple times. Why can't they get this right?

The second is the visual. It seemed to be filmed in low lighting and I found/find it rather annoying. It seems that a lot of these period films do this and I'm not sure why? They had the same light we have back then. Show it.

Posts: 20073 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post