SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    1980’s- Remember GI Joe?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1980’s- Remember GI Joe? Login/Join 
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted
Hasbro has put all of the full episodes on to YouTube!

https://geekculture.co/hasbro-...d-series-on-youtube/

I’m not going to confirm or deny that I may have introduced my kids to the marvel of animation wonders of my childhood since we’ve been at home for two weeks already. Big Grin

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Oh HELL YEAH!

I feel like I need some life lessons from Beachhead or Lifeline! Knowing is half the battle.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet, thanks for sharing. It is on the watch list now!

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
For a few years, all my brother or I wanted for Christmas where GI Joe toys.

Will have a watch these.

Thanks for posting this.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Do any of you remember that GI Joe movie with the cobra commander origin story and the weird snake people.
That was pretty dark.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
knowing is half the battle

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a big fan but I didn't have any action figures. I did have a ton of the comics and watched every show

My favorite character was Scrap-Iron.

His Bio (from wiki)

He is methodical and precise. Imperfection in any form repels him. His primary military specialty is tank destroyer. Scrap-Iron was apparently a product designer for Destro's armaments company, carrying out initial field testing on all new armor-piercing munitions and sub-munitions. His area of specialization is remote-launched, laser-guided, rocket-propelled piezo-electric fused anti-tank weapons.

Followed closely by Cross Country and Recondo

I always wanted a Dreadnock thunder machine.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Liked the show and had a few of the early figures back in the day. Back when the Cobra Commander wasn't the guy with the full helmet and Scarlett didn't have the swivel arm battle grip. Joes got a remote control tank and small motorcycle. The HISS tank was their only target.

Worth a fortune now? Yes. I traded all of them for Transformers around '84. I think I did good on the trade because both my Optimus and Bluestreak are blue. Big Grin

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Hasbro is relaunching the G.I. Joe brand with a new line. It’s cool that they did this to match.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Why does Barbie have black black and blue titties?

Because GI Joe has a kung-fu grip!

Heard that one about 48 years ago in the third grade...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone remember one of the greatest toys ever made? The GI Joe aircraft carrier USS Flagg? A massive 7.5 foot long dream come true for all boys. Originally introduced in 1985 for a retail price of $110. Sadly, I was 17 then and considered "too old" for one. Well, if I could go back in time I'd buy it anyway, then pull it out of a box big enough for a refrigerator and play with it.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
Loved GI Joe and Transformers.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Do any of you remember that GI Joe movie with the cobra commander origin story and the weird snake people.
That was pretty dark.

I was once a man.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4619 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
knowing is half the battle

And the other half is violence.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
"The Viper is coming. Five seventy five. I come on Friday. West corner..." Roll Eyes Razz

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NewRiverGeorge
posted Hide Post
My first one was Snake Eyes in that first edition where the arms wouldn't rotate at the bicep they just bent at the elbow.

Life was so good in the 80s...the music, the movies, the cartoons, the president...

Posts: 23 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
That was pretty dark.

I was once a man.

Cobra La La La La La!!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
"The Viper is coming. Five seventy five. I come on Friday. West corner..." Roll Eyes Razz

LOL! "First floor first."

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Does anyone remember one of the greatest toys ever made? The GI Joe aircraft carrier USS Flagg?

Yup! That was a big one! I bought it so I could trade it for a Fortress Maximus. I really didn't have room for either one, but at least Max could stand up on a shelf and have smaller Autobots scattered around. Getting the Flagg made me wish I hadn't traded off my other Joes, but at the time I had already made the deal.

The other one worth mentioning was Zartan. The profile card was changed really quick, but that one had all their panties in a bunch for months.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: .38supersig,

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
No I don’t remember that GI Joe cartoon movie because IT NEVER FUCKING EXISTED. That is All. Smile

The cartoon was fun but I was into the comic books and the toys.

If you want to see a really cool cartoon take on GI Joe look for GI Joe Resolute. It was awesome.

Also. GI Joe renegades wasn’t half bad.

And remember KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!! The other half being unrelenting force of violence of course. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post