SIGforum
1980’s- Remember GI Joe?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/7860002864

March 29, 2020, 09:56 AM
tlbailey1
1980’s- Remember GI Joe?
Hasbro has put all of the full episodes on to YouTube!

https://geekculture.co/hasbro-...d-series-on-youtube/

I’m not going to confirm or deny that I may have introduced my kids to the marvel of animation wonders of my childhood since we’ve been at home for two weeks already. Big Grin
March 29, 2020, 10:22 AM
Oat_Action_Man
Oh HELL YEAH!

I feel like I need some life lessons from Beachhead or Lifeline! Knowing is half the battle.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
March 29, 2020, 10:55 AM
xanth
Sweet, thanks for sharing. It is on the watch list now!
March 29, 2020, 11:39 AM
comet24
For a few years, all my brother or I wanted for Christmas where GI Joe toys.

Will have a watch these.

Thanks for posting this.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac
March 29, 2020, 11:50 AM
Ryanp225
Do any of you remember that GI Joe movie with the cobra commander origin story and the weird snake people.
That was pretty dark.
March 29, 2020, 11:58 AM
46and2
quote:
knowing is half the battle

March 29, 2020, 12:53 PM
mrapteam666
I was a big fan but I didn't have any action figures. I did have a ton of the comics and watched every show

My favorite character was Scrap-Iron.

His Bio (from wiki)

He is methodical and precise. Imperfection in any form repels him. His primary military specialty is tank destroyer. Scrap-Iron was apparently a product designer for Destro's armaments company, carrying out initial field testing on all new armor-piercing munitions and sub-munitions. His area of specialization is remote-launched, laser-guided, rocket-propelled piezo-electric fused anti-tank weapons.

Followed closely by Cross Country and Recondo

I always wanted a Dreadnock thunder machine.
March 29, 2020, 01:08 PM
.38supersig
Liked the show and had a few of the early figures back in the day. Back when the Cobra Commander wasn't the guy with the full helmet and Scarlett didn't have the swivel arm battle grip. Joes got a remote control tank and small motorcycle. The HISS tank was their only target.

Worth a fortune now? Yes. I traded all of them for Transformers around '84. I think I did good on the trade because both my Optimus and Bluestreak are blue. Big Grin

March 29, 2020, 03:56 PM
gibby29
Hasbro is relaunching the G.I. Joe brand with a new line. It’s cool that they did this to match.
March 29, 2020, 08:16 PM
mr kablammo
Why does Barbie have black black and blue titties?

Because GI Joe has a kung-fu grip!

Heard that one about 48 years ago in the third grade...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
March 29, 2020, 09:19 PM
sigspecops
Does anyone remember one of the greatest toys ever made? The GI Joe aircraft carrier USS Flagg? A massive 7.5 foot long dream come true for all boys. Originally introduced in 1985 for a retail price of $110. Sadly, I was 17 then and considered "too old" for one. Well, if I could go back in time I'd buy it anyway, then pull it out of a box big enough for a refrigerator and play with it.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
March 29, 2020, 10:44 PM
Vero8
Loved GI Joe and Transformers.

God bless America...and no one else
March 29, 2020, 10:46 PM
SevenPlusOne
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Do any of you remember that GI Joe movie with the cobra commander origin story and the weird snake people.
That was pretty dark.

I was once a man.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"
March 29, 2020, 11:01 PM
Loswsmith
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
knowing is half the battle

And the other half is violence.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi
March 29, 2020, 11:39 PM
LastCubScout
"The Viper is coming. Five seventy five. I come on Friday. West corner..." Roll Eyes Razz
March 30, 2020, 10:41 AM
NewRiverGeorge
My first one was Snake Eyes in that first edition where the arms wouldn't rotate at the bicep they just bent at the elbow.

Life was so good in the 80s...the music, the movies, the cartoons, the president...
March 30, 2020, 02:33 PM
Lord Vaalic
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
That was pretty dark.

I was once a man.

Cobra La La La La La!!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
March 30, 2020, 03:01 PM
Oat_Action_Man
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
"The Viper is coming. Five seventy five. I come on Friday. West corner..." Roll Eyes Razz

LOL! "First floor first."

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
March 30, 2020, 04:11 PM
.38supersig
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Does anyone remember one of the greatest toys ever made? The GI Joe aircraft carrier USS Flagg?

Yup! That was a big one! I bought it so I could trade it for a Fortress Maximus. I really didn't have room for either one, but at least Max could stand up on a shelf and have smaller Autobots scattered around. Getting the Flagg made me wish I hadn't traded off my other Joes, but at the time I had already made the deal.

The other one worth mentioning was Zartan. The profile card was changed really quick, but that one had all their panties in a bunch for months.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: .38supersig,

March 30, 2020, 06:06 PM
cslinger
No I don’t remember that GI Joe cartoon movie because IT NEVER FUCKING EXISTED. That is All. Smile

The cartoon was fun but I was into the comic books and the toys.

If you want to see a really cool cartoon take on GI Joe look for GI Joe Resolute. It was awesome.

Also. GI Joe renegades wasn’t half bad.

And remember KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!! The other half being unrelenting force of violence of course. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."