SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Sacketts, Two-Part 1979 TV Show, Available As a 3 Hr Movie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Sacketts, Two-Part 1979 TV Show, Available As a 3 Hr Movie Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Prime. I’m a fan of Tom Selleck and Sam Elliott westerns. Went searching and found The Sacketts. I imagine I saw it back then, but I can’t say I remembered it. The list of actors in this includes about every well known Western genre actor and character actor imaginable.

Tom Selleck, Sam Elliott, and Jeff Osterhage played the three Sackett brothers.

Sam Elliott’s character gets on the wrong side of the Bigelows. They are played by: Slim Pickens, Jack Elam, Gene Evans and James Gammon.

Major roles played by Glenn Ford and Ben Johnson.

John Vernon, Buck Taylor, Gilbert Roland, Pat Buttram…it was, “Oh look there’s…”

Doesn’t cost very much to rent

Posts: 13378 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems I remember it having a lot of the same cast as The Shadow Riders. I like Selleck in westerns. Wish he'd have done a few more over his career, but I'd also have like a couple more Jesse Stone movies.
I remember having watched the Sacketts some time ago. Little long winded, but an enjoyable western. I also like the movies he did for TNT in the 90s, Crossfire Trail being better than Monte Walsh in my opinion. I also like Last Stand at Sabre River.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2761 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Elliott also starred in Conagher, also based on a Louis L'Amour novel, in 1991. This is a good movie.

Posts: 28128 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Elliott also starred in Conagher, also based on a Louis L'Amour novel, in 1991. This is a good movie.

Conagher is one of my 5 favorite Westerns. “Authenticity” is the word that comes to mind.

Posts: 13378 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Don’t forget Elliott was also the lead in “The Quick and the dead”, which was also a Louis L’Amour book adaptation.

I grew up reading Louis L’Amour and Don Pendleton novels.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37132 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
The book is great as well.

quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Conagher is one of my 5 favorite Westerns. “Authenticity” is the word that comes to mind.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6087 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Certainly! Sounds captivating. I love western movies with Tom Selleck and Sam Elliott. I'll definitely look for "The Sacketts" myself. Thanks for the recommendation!

in the 'Merica Navy they teach you to go pew pew pew...
Luckily in the PNW they taught me to go BANG BANG BANG

Posts: 65 | Registered: November 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post