SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone watching HBO’s The White Lotus?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone watching HBO’s The White Lotus? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Enjoyed the 1st Season and now watching Season 2.

Was expecting something between John Cleese Fawlty Towers or the french Les Bronzés outstanding parody of Club Med but this is quite different. Enjoyable too, different kind of humor.

Season One is set in a Four Seasons horel in Hawai and Season Two in another Four Seasons in Sicily. Very, very luxurious hotel.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I'm watching it, Stiflers Mom is hilarious.

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I really liked S1 and S2 is starting strong too. Funnier than S1 so far imo.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I’ve really been enjoying it. I’ve watched up through Season 2 Episode 3.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed season 1 very much. Actor playing the hotel mngr nailed it. Still working on season 2.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5303 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like this show a lot. It is unusual.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I liked season 1, uneven, but still solid. Might need to check it out.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The young Italian hookers are pretty cute. Smile

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finished Season 2. Think I liked it more than Season 1. Well acted and gorgeous production. However, the show is like 80% drama and 20% comedy, with pretty much pure drama second half of the show.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Overall I really liked the season but thought it kinda went out with a whimper.

I did not think the photo of Quentin and [spoiler] was quite obvious enough for most to really get the clue.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Just finished season 2 also. Agree that the spoiler YellowJacket alluded to was not obvious enough. Even with Quintin's earliers statement that links the photo to [spoiler]. But overall, it was good. And the poor 50,000 Euro life lesson. Someone will have some 'splaining to do when they get home.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Dangit, I was rooting for Stiflers mom

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Can someone tell me WHY they enjoy White Lotus? Is the comedy really dark? Is the drama dark? I'm looking for pretty light-hearted entertainment for my wife and me, even when it comes to murder mysteries. Well, not as silly as Father Brown and the like, but not dark and gory.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Can someone tell me WHY they enjoy White Lotus? Is the comedy really dark? Is the drama dark? I'm looking for pretty light-hearted entertainment for my wife and me, even when it comes to murder mysteries. Well, not as silly as Father Brown and the like, but not dark and gory.

Not overly dark. Some explicate scenes. Several story lines going at once. Not award winning but enjoyable.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
It is the mystery. Starts with a body discovered. And part of the mystery is who dies. And several characters are unlikable so there is a little Schadenfreude of hoping your 'favorite' of getting schwacked. It isn't really a comedy. A drama with some dark undertones/themes being explored.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished season 2 and enjoyed it very much. I wouldn’t say this is a comedy, more of a psychological examination that gets darker, at some points, as the season goes along. That’s not to say there aren’t some lighter moments, there are. The scenery in season 2’s Sicily was fantastic and I thought the characters were engaging. I agree that Quentin’s involvement with Greg via the photo was not strong enough. I struggled to find the connection until it was kinda spelled out. I’m looking forward to season 3.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its got Alexandra Daddario and Aubrey Plaza in it...enough said. Cool

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I watched a few episodes of the first season. I thought it might be entertaining. I lasted until they showed the gay concierge with his face buried in another guy's ass.

No thanks. I've got better things to do than watch that trash.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched with my wife. It was good (maybe very good) and kind of grew on me, though it is barely a comedy, and only in the first few episodes. Quirky and visually stunning at times. Probably not for everyone.