SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone like Vegemite?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone like Vegemite? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’m a fan of the somewhat similar Marmite. I buy it in 600g tubs rather than the more common 125g bottles. The wide opening of the tub makes it much easier to extract the Marmite without fouling the rim.

Most evenings I have some Kellogg’s Club Crackers with a dab of Marmite and peanut butter (Marmite + PB = Magic):

I was short on time when I set up for this photo. I usually go lighter on both condiments.

Here’s an article that compares Marmite and Vegemite:

https://www.thespruceeats.com/...e-vs-vegemite-435160

As an aside: If you need to secure some threads but you’re out of Loctite, Marmite will do.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:

Did it ship from a slightly confused, well built guy from Belgium?

Six foot four and full of muscle.

Now you're speaking my language.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Did it ship from a slightly confused, well built guy from Belgium?

Six foot four and full of muscle.

Now you're speaking my language.

Where beer does flow and men chunder

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Until the Men at Work song, I'd never even heard of it.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Last year I had an Australian kid in my class who brought little packs of the stuff to an event after I joked about it. Never had the stuff before. I was floored by how strong it was. Like never been so overwhelmed by a strong tasting food the way I was by Vegemite. I'm a huge fan of salty food, but that was too much.

Salt and yeast? Blech.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post