SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    (J Lo) The Mother / (original Polish) Mother’s Day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(J Lo) The Mother / (original Polish) Mother’s Day Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
For ressons that I do not understand, my wife likes J Lo thespian talents.
In a compromise of sorts, she picked The Mother to stream. Action flick starring the “singer”.
It’s Ok, the other Fiennes, not Ralph, is the villain. Story is far, far short of original but it can fill a couple of hours.

It will remind you of a bunch of other movies. Plenty.

Then we stumbled on Mother’s Day, clearly the original movie. A bit over the top and rough on the edges. Liked it much better.

Think of these two as the american version of Nikita and Luc Besson’s original one in terms of production and value. If you want to compare, i guess it’s better to start with the american one first. Otherwise it will look just lame.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I watched it - it was decent.
J Lo is always a looker, still. Smile

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I thought it was awful, and totally unbelievable.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
We cut it off about a half hour in. It redefines suspension of disbelief and plot holes.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post