SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Two ‘63 Ford Galaxie Stock Cars—in Switzerland!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two ‘63 Ford Galaxie Stock Cars—in Switzerland! Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
I just love things like this. This was shot in Switzerland, a parade through town and up over a mountain pass. What a sight and sound to hear these two American stock cars! I imagine Swiss minds were suitably blown.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting that video, it was a real treat to hear the Fords again!

Posts: 83 | Location: New Albany,Indiana on the river | Registered: November 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Pardon me a moment, I need a towel and a cigarette!

Sounds like the second one was geared a bit more appropriately for the task. Or the driver was willing to be a bit more aggressive. Or both.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Very cool, they look and sound great. I love the lopey idle.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
First car seemed a bit ragged, out of tune, second one sounded much better but I wouldn't kick either one out of my garage for leaking oil!

I remember well the mid 60's and the REAL NASCAR. Always loved those 63 1/2-64 Mercury and Ford stock cars.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed that! Thanks for posting.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
since I had a 63 xl myself, I always felt cars and motorcycles from that era had a lot of class. my uncle being a ford dealer, lots of them in my history, including some nice mustangs. as for the motorcycles, my main ride for the last 40 or so years still sits in the garage, a 1965 FLH. its a class act too.
Barry

Posts: 62 | Registered: November 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Good stuff, if you like paraded 60's Ford Race cars check them out in their natural habitat, the race track. Here's some of the Goodwood Revival racing of Ford Galaxie vs Ford Thunderbolt

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ve been following Goodwood for quite some time now, and have seen the Galaxie before (at least). Pretty cool, huh

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Nevermind the Galaxies, I wanted to see and hear the Shelby GT350 that was 3 cars behind them.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
If those sights and especially the sounds do not get your juices flowing then something is drastically wrong with you. ........... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those old big Cu. In. high compression Ford motors had a sound all their own.....and it was great!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slight thread drift about the Swiss and their cars.

About 17 years ago, I came across a 59 Buick wagon nearby that the old owner gave to my friend and I for free. We promptly stripped it off the saleable parts and put them on ebay. One bidder bought multiple big items. When I went to settle the bill, he said to ship them to Switzerland! WTH? He then asked what plans I had for the wagon body/frame/wheels. I told him I was going to scrap it. No! He bought the wagon, I put the ebay parts inside the roller, towed it to Oakland and shipped the entire thing to Basel, Switzerland.

I became his ebay buddy - he'd buy stuff and ship it to my home. Then I'd consolidate all the small items and then ship via USPS. I've been his contact in the US for 17 years. The first time I met him in Switzerland, my kids were about 4 and 7. He picked us up at the train station early in the morning in a beautiful 59 Buick wagon (a different one than what I sold him) and we spent the day going to the annual Swiss Buick club meet. On a second trip with my parents, he picked us up in Zurich in the same wagon and delivered us to Lauterbrunnen. He came back a few days later in his 59 Buick convertible and we toured several summits (at $8/gallon).

He's been to the US a number of times on car buying expeditions. I've found a 57 Tbird for him as well. He's stayed with me twice as well.

Cool guy. The Swiss guys love the American cars and pay good money to keep them on the road.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Meh just another Ford. Of course I am biased as I am a Poncho guy. Razz

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post