SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    RIP Rutger Hauer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Rutger Hauer Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Tears in the rain.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
RIP. It was mentioned that his character Roy Batty also died in the year 2019.

The Hitcher left a lasting impression on me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigSentry,

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per my Sig-handle, which I've been using all over the internet and gaming world for many, many years, I was a huge fan of Rutger Hauer.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Hate to hear about this. He was a great actor. RIP Rutger Hauer.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Ladyhawke may not have been his best role but I love that movie. I think I've watched it about 20 times.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of from HH
posted Hide Post
I also remember him as "Tanner" in "The Osterman Weekend"

and as the fearsome "John Ryder" in "The Hitcher" (the original film
from the mid-80s, not the late 2000s remake with Sean Bean).

Quite a character, RIP.

Aus einem traurigen Arsch kommt niemals ein fröhlicher Furz.
(Martin Luther)

Posts: 328 | Location: Hamburg / Germany | Registered: November 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
He had some great roles but he was still a prolific actor who worked right up to his death. IMDb said he still has five upcoming projects.

Most recently he was great in Sin City and Batman Begins.

He was one of my favorites.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Funny story came out today about him and Ridley Scott:
Big Grin

quote:

EXCLUSIVE: Friend of Rutger Hauer reveals the star was nearly FIRED from his defining role in Blade Runner when the 6'1' actor showed up to meet director Ridley Scott dressed as a flamboyant 1970s hippy in candy pink pants and Elton John sunglasses

The Daily Mail
PUBLISHED: 11:34 EDT, 25 July 2019 | UPDATED: 12:01 EDT, 25 July 2019

A close friend of Rutger Hauer has revealed the beloved Hollywood star almost missed out on his most famous role in cult classic movie Blade Runner after shocking director Ridley Scott, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Recounting fond memories of Hauer - who died July 19 aged 75 - film executive Katy Haber said Oscar-winner Scott was less than impressed when the 6'1'' actor walked into their first meeting dressed as a flamboyant 1970s hippy in candy pink trousers.

Haber had convinced Scott to hire the Dutch indie star unseen for the role of android Roy Batty - a rebellious replicant at war with Harrison Ford's Rick Deckard.

But on their first meeting, a stunned Scott, from England, said to Haber: 'Oh my God what have you done to me... he's a bloody woofter.' (The British term is a rhyming slang word for a gay man.)

Haber talked down the Gladiator director from firing him, before the three became close friends as they forged some of the most unforgettable moments in sci-fi cinema...

Link

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP! I'll miss him. As someone else said, The Hitcher was one of his roles I'll never forget.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Radio announcer said married 50 yrs. Got to be rare in H’wood.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was very bummed to hear this yesterday.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
he's a bloody woofter.' (The British term is a rhyming slang word for a gay man.)

I thought it was "Poofter."

I will miss Hauer. Blade Runner is my favorite film.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Hauer,

I always liked him in Wanted: Dead or Alive, have it on DVD still. (I'm a fan of those 80s action movies...)

Also really liked Nighthawks too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
....and I'm gonna do the same to you.

RIP sir. Frown

The Hitcher is when I first seen Rutger Hauer, l loved him in that movie

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
RIP Rutger

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
Radio announcer said married 50 yrs. Got to be rare in H’wood.

The essential thing probably is that he wasn't living in Hollywood. Reports said he died at his Dutch home.

I'm somewhat surprised to find so many fans of "Ladyhawke". It was on my top ten list of favorite movies back when I had one, and I always felt a bit of a nerd for it.

Posts: 2406 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
When I see his name, I'll always think about The Hitcher.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere he wrote the dialog for his last scene in Bladerunner and they shot it in one take.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post