SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Rolling Stones 1964 TAMI show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rolling Stones 1964 TAMI show Login/Join 
posted
Keith Richards said the biggest mistake of his career was following James Brown. You can see that Mick is just beginning to develop a stage presence. His dance moves pale in comparison to James Brown. The clip show Brian Jones one of the founding members of the group. They play typical blues standards. Here is the video link:

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Funny, I've watched some early Stones lately, here's the same opening song, same year but just that bit more crude, less polished and confident. Note the girl at :49 hiding her cig from who knows who. Smile
The seeds of what they were to be were being sown, they most surely weren't the Beatles or Freddy and the Dreamers --

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrQErX_0Yqs

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
THanks. I was a big fan. My age group.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I don’t feel sorry for them one iota. Their manager, somebody demanded they go on last. James got pretty pissed about that as the Stones only had like one song hit here in the US.
So James said fuck it, and dropped the best performance I have ever seen on everyone there. That performance was so good Prince’s office at Paisley Park had it looped, on repeat, for any visitors. I see Mick doing any dance moves and I have to laugh.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12640 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Smile, ZSMICHAEL

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t feel sorry for them one iota.

Me either. Mick would go the the Apollo and study his moves. He gives credit to James. The issue with James is that he was a scary black dude to middle class whites. This was 1964 well before integration. Rock and roll movies of the 50s would have the black perfomers, ie Chuck Berry and Fats Domino on a stage with little interaction with the audience.
James Brown, Tina Turner,BB King played on the Chitlin Circuit in clubs all over the South. These perfomers would play the Elks Club and smaller black nightclubs like the HI HAT in Hattiesburg.

Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
"Can I dance wiff your date" Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Loved the Stones in the early years.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post