SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Matrix Resurrections
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Matrix Resurrections Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Tedious

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Why do they keep making shitty sequels to great movies so many years later and ruining the legacy and canon of the original movie? Roll Eyes

It’s all about those bucks.

Posts: 33813 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
About 33% longer than it should be.

Sounds like from the reviews here it is 100% longer than it should have been. Razz

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
The first half is just boring. The second half doesn't make a lot of sense. So much not really explained. Several major plot points just left open. This added nothing to the series, it didn't need to happen.

The Wachowski Sisters are on record for saying The Matrix series is an allegory for the transgender experience, so maybe that's why Ressurections didn't make sense to you and "didn't need to happen."

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I have some deep reservations. The rumor mill is that this movie will retcon the first three. That it was not neo that was the chosen one, but in fact it was trinity.

Christ on a cracker. Roll Eyes

Well. I’ll wait for the reviews. I’m not into that kinda thing.

The “rumor mill” is wrong. It doesn’t retcon the first three, or imply in any way the Trinity was the real “One” in the previous movies, or that Neo wasn’t.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night. It was shite. That is all.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
The “rumor mill” is wrong. It doesn’t retcon the first three, or imply in any way the Trinity was the real “One” in the previous movies, or that Neo wasn’t.

Well, I got the impression that she was surpassing Neo as the One in the end. Remember, she never had any of Neo's abilities, yet she clearly demonstrates several in the epilogue to this movie.

Also, the cover of Rage Against the Machine's Wake Up is a horrible Grrl Power move.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I liked the cat.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
If I may add something else, I'm thinking Keanu Reeves has a part in all this wokeness. This is the second sequel he's made that reduces his original character to a support role for females. Bill & Ted, anyone?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I didn't even notice how woke the movie is because it kept putting me to sleep.

I'm chiming in just to agree with the others that it sucks. What a cheap ass plot to self-reference itself to the point of parody. All it needed was Neo or one of the other characters to look straight into the camera and go :wink:wink:.

I guess Laurence Fishburn was smart enough not to get involved.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

Also, the cover of Rage Against the Machine's Wake Up is a horrible Grrl Power move.

You know that was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. They could have done three things to dramatically change this deal, well 4. First one was the “video game” Anderson designed. Bad writing. Two, just stop reshowing scenes of the original trilogy. Three, remove Trinity from being the “one” or whatever that bullshit was. And finally, four, don’t fuck with Zack De La Rocha, RATM, etc. If they wouldn’t allow you to put their song in the film or WB was too cheap to pay for it, then fuck it, choose another song.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Took a chance as we didn't know what to watch last night. I'd sooner have another axe in my knee then watch something that bad again.

TLDR: hard pass, save yourself the grief...

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wasn't good in any manner, script, plot, should have been left alone...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
About 33% longer than it should be.
Sounds like it's 100% longer than it should be.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They should have just merged it with John Wick 4. The resurrection piece would have made sense at least.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Might as well sum it up with The Critical Drinker:

The movie still hasn’t passed $70 million worldwide according to Box Office Mojo.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/...04193/?ref_=bo_hm_rd

As a comparison, Dune came damn close to break even at the Box Office with the same day release on HBO Max and losing premium theaters (ie: IMAX) after a week with The Externals stinking up and wasting space.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Perfectly summed up

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
Now that the Wachowski brothers are now the Wachowski sisters and have revealed The Matrix is about transgenderism, I have no interest.

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

As a big RATM fan, I hope to never hear this. It's not surprising though, as it seems to be a go-to move for remakes, revivals, or long-awaited sequels. Wife and I are fans of the original Pet Semetary, so we went to see the remake, when it came out. Expectations were not high, but that movie still managed to fall short. Anyway, it had a stupid cover of The Ramones' song that ended the original. I am not a Ramones fan, but it still made my stomach turn.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Hugo Weaving and Lawrence Fishburn sure dodged that bullet.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post