SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "I Do What I Do Best; I Take Scores. You Do What You Do Best; Try To Stop Guys Like Me." - Neil McCauley
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"I Do What I Do Best; I Take Scores. You Do What You Do Best; Try To Stop Guys Like Me." - Neil McCauley Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Rewatching Heat tonight, what a brilliant film.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12298 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
This look like a bunch of...gangbangers working the local 7-11 to you? Robbery Homicide is taking this.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at me!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
What the fuck is that? Barbeques and ballgames?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12556 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I had to get it on!

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Why'd I get mixed up with this bitch anyway?

Because she's got a...GREAT ASS! And you got your head ALL THE WAY up it!

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
great on so many levels

IMO it re-wrote the book on what 'realistic' movie gunfights should look like

details like the detective changing out rounds from his shotgun in the elevator. press checks. mag changes. etc.

some people complain there is too much drama in there -- Pacino's wife / step-daughter, Deniros girlfriend, etc. but that just serves to humanize them so they aren't just one dimensional action heros.

i just think its pretty cool because in the same movie -- you're cheering for the good guy (Pacino) AND the bad guy (Deniro) at the same time. not many movies is that the case. and the antagonists themselves have a high respect for one another.

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:

Because she's got a...GREAT ASS! And you got your head ALL THE WAY up it!

Writing that line does it no justice…

https://youtu.be/jvTpEoi0tzE

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11233 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm angry.
I'm very angry...Ralph.
You know, you can ball my wife if she wants you to. You can lounge around here on her sofa, in her ex-husband's dead-tech, post-modernistic bullshit house if you want to.
But you DO NOT, GET, TO WATCH, MY FUCKING TELEVISION SET!

Shut up...Ralph...SIT DOWN!

Posts: 14548 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite films ever. Michael Mann films usually get high marks from me. The face off between Pacino and DeNiro was brilliant. I remember hearing the rumors about this face off before it became official and I was looking forward to its release. The sound on the gunfight scene was pretty damn good. I still want a FNC to this day.

Posts: 5999 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great film. Before Sizemore went the wrong way and before Kilmer had major issues as well. Entire casting is great.

quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
One of my favorite films ever. Michael Mann films usually get high marks from me. The face off between Pacino and DeNiro was brilliant. I remember hearing the rumors about this face off before it became official and I was looking forward to its release. The sound on the gunfight scene was pretty damn good. I still want a FNC to this day.

Garand thumb even went and bought a FNC and did a review of it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qiRJbvTfXqM

Posts: 4733 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still remember being amazed in the movie theater when I saw it for the first time. It helped inspure me to get my Galil.

I always though Pacino was just far too over the top in many scenes (though he's very good). Deniro however, was 100% badass.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
I still remember being amazed in the movie theater when I saw it for the first time. It helped inspure me to get my Galil.

I always though Pacino was just far too over the top in many scenes (though he's very good). Deniro however, was 100% badass.

There's a backstory, which may or may not have been confirmed, that Vincent Hannah was on blow, explaining his erratic disposition.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9667 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite movies with so many great quotes:

"I'm talking to an empty telephone... ...cause there's a dead man on the other end of this fucking line."

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

“I say what I mean, and I do what I say.”

Posts: 787 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:

That's Pacino being normal Big Grin

As for DeNiro, the McCaully role fit his 'acting style': reserved, taciturn, direct. Earlier in his career he showed more range but, the second half of his career, he largely plays the same character.

Posts: 14548 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's just nothing better than a movie with an equally capable protagonist and antagonist. Its even better when you find youreself rooting for the bad guy.
An evil villain is never as interesting as one that has some good in them and you can understand their motives.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3500 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
There's just nothing better than a movie with an equally capable protagonist and antagonist. Its even better when you find youreself rooting for the bad guy.
An evil villain is never as interesting as one that has some good in them and you can understand their motives.

McCaully had no good in him. He was a cold hearted bastard, who stole and killed without hesitation or remorse. He had no higher moral purpose for any of it.

He was damn good at what he did, and was a great villain, but there wasnt anything good or redeeming about his charactor. He destroyed everyone around him and didnt give a damn

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you have him mixed up with Michael Chiretto. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
The first DVD I ever purchased. I still have it.

Posts: 3440 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I think you have him mixed up with Michael Chiretto. Big Grin

Don’t think so.

Chiretto exhibited several traits such as loyalty to others.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post