SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Rolex Experts Step on in
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rolex Experts Step on in Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
What would an old Rolex like that be worth these days?

https://www.bobswatches.com/

Good Grief jhe, I hate you for that link. Big Grin Two tone Sub, even a couple of them. I have lust in my heart.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Bob's Watches has a good reputation, too.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are several jewelers in town, who for years have sold and serviced Rolex . I called both about a new crystal on my GMT II . Apparently, Rolex will not sell parts to independent non-Rolex watchmakers . Neither Rolex jeweler would quote me a price on a new crystal saying they would have to send the watch to a Rolex service center in North Carolina in order to give me a quote . That's not going to happen .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
There are several jewelers in town, who for years have sold and serviced Rolex . I called both about a new crystal on my GMT II . Apparently, Rolex will not sell parts to independent non-Rolex watchmakers . Neither Rolex jeweler would quote me a price on a new crystal saying they would have to send the watch to a Rolex service center in North Carolina in order to give me a quote . That's not going to happen .

Why not? Rolex has always restricted parts availability that way. There should be an authorized servicer in most good sized cities.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:

Why not? Rolex has always restricted parts availability that way. There should be an authorized servicer in most good sized cities.

I agree, there SHOULD be. I am talking about Richmond, Va. There are at least two authorized jewelers in Richmond, who have been servicing and selling Rolexes for years . In the past I have had my Rolex worked on at both. Now both, though still authorized dealers, tell me they send all their work to North Carolina. Whether that is their decision or Rolex's , I'm not sure .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
No doubt I'm definitely in the minority here but, I removed my 2-tone band for a more comfortable lightweight leather band by Everest. Personally, I've had a share of Rolexes and for the most part as of late, I found them to be heavy and kinda clunky (for lack of better words). If your diving or getting the band wet frequently, the metal option is probably more suitable, but for casual wear, the leather is just fine for me. I purchased the tools to remove the metal band with my order from Everest and had no trouble removing it. Reinstall took a little more time but easy nonetheless. The everest band comes with metal links to attach at the ends of the band to accommodate the end links on the metal band that attach to the watch. The Datejust has a curved end leather Everest band. I did purchase a few other leather bands for my watch that installed without the metal end pieces that attach to the watch and the watch always rubbing on leather wears a bald spot on the leather band in that tight fit to the case. Using the Everest band with the metal ends that attach to the watch it looks like the factory end links of the Rolex bands and looks great. They aren't a cheap option but, after purchasing two other leather bands to have them both wear a spot thru the leather, I was willing to pay to do it right the first time. Included is an image of my Yachtmaster and the Everest Band including a link to their site to browse if you wish. The original Rolex band costs a good $$ and I'll keep mine, but it would certainly help pay for the Everest band should I want to sell it.
LINK>>>> Everest Leather Bands

My Yachtmaster

EDITED to include the other two bands that had spots worn in them where the band meets the watch case.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: just1tym,

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post