SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Another show off my watch list - The Rookie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another show off my watch list - The Rookie Login/Join 
posted
The Rookie on ABC with Nathan Fillion was a decent show. Season 3 is now littered with the BLM / SJW propaganda. An episode and a half in and I had enough. A dirty cop in the Department is pretty much standard script for a police show. They really stepped it up to fear the racist white cops.

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking the same. I finished episode 2 of season 3 hoping there would be a twist that undid all of the PC crap because the previous two seasons were so good. Nope, they went all cringy-woke on this show.

Looks like I'll be spending more time re-reading the books I've collected over the years.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Well...shit. I liked the show.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Agree. Before it started this season I asked my wife how long a rookie is a rookie? After watching last week, I'm done. I guess I'm destined to watch home improvement shows for the duration.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4221 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watched season 3 episode 2. I am finished with the show. I have been recording "the Wild Wild West" episodes so no loss on my part.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Okay guys, expect nothing less form a main stream network show. I avoid them like the pledge. I haven't watch one in 15+ years... to many choices these days. My wife's a network person. I think because she doesn't want to deal with making a decision on all of the choices available and the switching back and forth with the premium streaming services. If someone would point me to a network program that 1) doesn't have an agenda 2) doesn't overdo the background mood music - non is better 3) get's things right. Realistic car chases... Cars don't fly... Glocks don't need to be racked 10 times, a 120lb women is not going to come out favorable in a fight with a 250 lb trained combat man... Stop that please. It's silly. Of course some of that is true in streaming shows but networks want to be so lily white to try and please "everyone" ugh

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree I used to enjoy this show but after the season premier I no longer will watch it. Just wall to wall SJW crap. From the racist training officer to the white doctor who; although head of the department, was unfit to treat a black pregnant lady. Plus I guess there is no crime in LA because they can just leave to take care of personal business or stay at a hospital to interfere in how it is run.
I'm out!

"Momma say's the pistol is the Devil's right hand."

Posts: 694 | Location: Ontario | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because I enjoyed seasons 1 & 2 so much, I gave season 3 one more chance and started watching episode 3. Couldn't get past past the 15 min. mark with all the "whitey is bad"; "girls are better than guys"; and "the man be puttin' us down" bs.

If you are a white male or female and not infused with so-called "white guilt", you aren't part of this show's target audience.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: marksman41,

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've seen one show that has started back up this season that didn't have it.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Based on this thread, I decided not to see the third season. Now I see that it's almost through with the fourth season. Is anyone still watching and how is it?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I came very, very close to just turning this show off during the third (wokey-woke-woke) season. But apparently someone on the production staff actually has a brain and figured out that the people they were trying tp appease / impress didn't watch cop shows anyway.

This season is back to what it was like in season 1 and 2. Every once in a while you get a sniff of wokeness, but it's not the main theme of the plot and it's gone quickly.

In other news, as a reaction to the Baldwin / Rust shooting, The Rookie is now only using fake guns on set and adding effects in post production. I haven't really noticed a difference, but it's interesting.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Thanks for the update.