SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Flight Attendant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Flight Attendant Login/Join 
posted
Been watching this over the holiday's and holy hell...I know people like this!

Kaley Cuoco is hot, much hotter in this than TBBT, the character she plays is an absolute train wreck. We've all got that friend that can't keep their shit together and she's plays the roll to a T. I'm five episodes in so, don't spoil it but, its some solid writing and interesting directing with occasional split screens, I get a sense some twists are coming up.

Its a dark comedy, murder mystery on HBO, Cuoco really understands facial expressions and emotion as the camera is on her 95% of the time with lots of close-ups...didn't know she had green eyes Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: corsair,

Posts: 14652 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I watched it and enjoyed it up until about episode six, it just got stupid to me.

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I only watched the free first episode. It was very good. A lot packed into one episode.

Posts: 7524 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. It wasn’t too in depth, just something to distract me while doing Christmas prep and working around the house.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5318 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautifully shot. It hit a bit silly at the end but it was pretty good as entertainment goes. She did a hell of a job with the role. Look up hot mess and you’d see her.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am two or three episodes in. It is a decent entertainment, but not more than that. Cuoco is more appealing than I thought her to be. (I didn't watch Big Bang Theory - there hasn't been a traditional three camera sitcom I have enjoyed in years.)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the show was a hot mess. Good cast, well made from a cinematic standpoint, and a convoluted painful to watch script. The most likable character is the dead guy.

The lead actress is gorgeous. It’s all downhill from there.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s as if after episode 5 or so a whole other group of writers came on board. Started good, didn’t end well.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, overall entertaining for a 8-episode series. I can watch Cuoco all day long, she's very easy on the eyes; very good performance for a bat-shit crazy, can't get out of my own way, character. Really well shot show, creative split-screens, lighting, camera angles, location shoots, very impressive. Story/plot...well, it got me hooked and then the tempo changed around the 3/4-mark, a few more wrinkles mixed-in with a rather silly & implausible ending.

Heard there's going to be a s2..is it necessary?

Posts: 14652 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Watched 3 episodes(struggled through) with my wife. Couldn't take it anymore.
Watching a character that blames everything on over drinking and blacking out and lying about everything,gets old fast.
Her acting skills seem to evolve around her ability to flash a surprised look on her face at every opportunity.

Posts: 4623 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
Her acting skills seem to evolve around her ability to flash a surprised look on her face at every opportunity.

Sounds about right, considering her other primary claim to fame is 12 years spent on a sitcom where her role revolved around flashing a confused look on her face at every opportunity.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I'm watching this now.

First episode was okay; not great but curious to see where this would go.

By episode 6, I want to kill her myself. I hate the character and everything about her. Not a single redeeming trait. Nothing good about her at all except perhaps the sex. And even then I'd be dubious since drunken sex isn't really my thing.

As the stupid bimbo on BBT, she had some moments. I think I can only take her in 30 minute doses, and only part time at that.

I think I'm done - I'm gonna skip to the last 15 minutes just to see the ending. I can't take it anymore.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She is gorgeous. Her character is so unlikeable as to make the series nearly unwatchable to me. There is a season 2 surprisingly enough. This one doesn’t peak either. Stupid ending. Lazy ending. I like her but this role is hard to watch.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post