SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The gods of bourbon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The gods of bourbon Login/Join 
posted
I've been on a bourbon Bonanza tour for the last three days, and today was the day where everything came together. We did the 1792 Barton tour. We were the only two on the 11:30 your and while at the proofing box, this guy walks up and offers to take a picture -it was the master distiller. Wife got a picture with the two of us.

Earlier that morning in Bardstown, we were at Heaven Hill just looking around the giftshop killing time when the staff told us to look out for Parker Beam as he was hiding Easter eggs for the employee egg hunt. We found three of nine before the employees, and got a chance to meet Parker, and he signed a bottle of Elijah Craig for me.

We went to the bottling plant for Four Roses, but we're disappointed as there was no filling, emptying, or bottling going on. The place was a ghost town.

Last stop of the day was Jim Beam. We're too late for the tour, so we just walked the grounds...... And I ran into Fred Booker Noe and Baker Beam. I talked with Fred for 20 minutes about a train set that were 750ml decanters from the 1980's that my father currently displays with pride at his house. I told Baker I ran into Parker earlier at Heaven Hill, and could see the pride in his smile. He offered to sign a ball cap if I bought it (we were in the gift shop), but I declined. Fred asked what of theirs was my favorite, and I had to lie and tell him it was Knob Creek.

BTW, in my previous visits to Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey, and Four Roses I met nobody of interest. I did however see an unfriendly political talking head at Makers Mark on Monday in their private tasting room.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I bought a bottle of Basil Hayden Rye. Your day was much better. Smile

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post