SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The galaxy is a dumpster fire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The galaxy is a dumpster fire Login/Join 
Picture of Green Highlander
posted
Any other fans of the Galaxy’s Edge series by Jason Anspach and Nick Cole? If you like military sci-fi, I highly recommend you give it a try. I saw someone described as if Starship Troopers and Halo had a baby. The audio books are outstanding with RC Bray as the narrator.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I read the first three or four. Then Tyrus Rex bought it and I was pretty done. I know I should not be that way.

I did go back and read the three books that he did on Tyrus, also Imperator, but I still have not picked up the rest of the 'main' series.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed them and have one waiting to read.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3692 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I loved it. I was never a scifi fan until I read this series.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Never read these. What would be a good one to try first?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Never read these. What would be a good one to try first?

Legionnaire is the first book (not the first chronologically) and is excellent launching point.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here a link to the authors’ recommended reading order.

https://galaxysedge.us/recommended-reading-order/

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
Here a link to the authors’ recommended reading order.

https://galaxysedge.us/recommended-reading-order/

That link specifically notes at the top:
"The timeline below is based on a list of events from the G.E. saga. This is not the order in which they were written, nor is it the recommended reading order ."

I would say it's NOT the recommended reading order as the second book isn't even available.
Having said that, ty, I grabbed the book redstone recommended and added the first in the timeline for free. Amazon Prime seems to have few free books but the first is.( The Best of Us )

I have Nick's CTRL ALT Revolt! but, so many books and great e-deals, I've not gotten to it yet. This saga isn't going to help. Razz

ETA : Ooops, my bad. I somehow ended up on the wrong list.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dsiets,

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somehow I think you wound up on the chronological order of books page.

When I clicked the link, it took me to the proper recommended reading order page. Legionnaire is a great book. That is the one I started with. I do highly recommend checking out the audiobooks. They have some bundled you can get for 1 credit on Audible.

posted Hide Post
I read all of those several years back, If you havnt read Ryk Browns Frontier series you should give it a try Start with Aurora CV-1 it is a great read.........Enjoy

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kyoung:
I read all of those several years back, If you havnt read Ryk Browns Frontier series you should give it a try Start with Aurora CV-1 it is a great read.........Enjoy

Hopefully Part 3 will begin soon. I got caught when part 1 was almost done & ran through them quickly, now the waits get so long I end up having to re-read a lot.

I haven't got into Galaxy's edge, but I'm almost out of kindle unlimited sci-fi to blow through.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about part 3 in the Frontier Series? I haven't seen anew release in a while fron Ryk Brown.

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kyoung:
Are you talking about part 3 in the Frontier Series? I haven't seen anew release in a while fron Ryk Brown.

In August, he released a full book of all the Netcasts/prequal to the frontier saga. Pt 3 of the Frontiers was 'expected' in Aug, but Ryk Brown is known for optimism on release announcements.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I subscribe to Upstream Reviews. Today it seems that "Imperator" is on sale, 99cents on kindle.
https://upstreamreviews.com/?p...ign=review-imperator

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dsiets,

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I have Ryk Brown Aurora on my kindle. But I swear I dont remember buying it or reading it. I do not see that I have read the rest of the series either. I guess I need to que that one up as well Wink

posted Hide Post
Ordered and just got Legionnaire in the mail.
Been looking for something new to read and really looking forward to it!

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
KTF