SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Green Knight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Green Knight Login/Join 
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted
I don't even know what to say about this movie. Maybe worst movie I ever paid to see. I'm sure it will get picture of the year. Hard to follow, overacting, and about 80% of the movie I didn't understand. I'm sure tons of hidden meaning but all of it out of my grasp.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Sounds disappointing. Frown Was hoping it was going to be an epic journey of an Aurthurian Knight.

Sounds like it's something along the lines of that "The Fountian" movie.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely more of an art film than a narrative one. Still not quite sure what to think of it. Some undoubtedly wonderful visuals, but clumsy storytelling. For anyone not familiar with Arthurian legend or the source poem the film would likely be a confusing mess. There was a lot of laughter at the end in the theater I was in. Like, “what the fuck was that?” laughter. It’s no wonder the critics are falling over themselves to praise it!

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
So, off with your head.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I've heard it's very heavily influenced by Gawain and the Green Knight, which is a very odd and difficult to interpret medieval romance.

I'll pull out my copy from college medieval lit before I watch the movie, but I'm expecting a very stylized movie that's more interested in navel-gazing than explorations of heroism.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I've heard it's very heavily influenced by Gawain and the Green Knight

Well, I guess you could say that... It's a film adaptation of it. Big Grin

(That's like saying the Lord of the Rings films are very heavily influenced by the Lord of the Rings books. Wink )

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing I liked was hearing Ralph Ineson's voice....

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a thread revival but I noticed there's very little discussion of this movie. I for one really enjoyed it and I find the original text to be ok but not as good as all this. I'm sure it wont be everyone's cup of tea but if you have a chance to sit down and give it a watch and then reflect with someone else who has watched it you might come away loving it like I have.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post