SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Book karma: science fiction and fantasy: Winners: Vanwall and orion5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Book karma: science fiction and fantasy: Winners: Vanwall and orion5 Login/Join 
posted
Up for karma are two sets of six hardback books. The only requirement is to have a USA address in your profile and the intent read these or give them to someone else that will. Local thrift stores tell me donated books frequently end up sold by the cubic yard and shredded, and that seems like a shame.

There will be two winners for this karma, one for each set of books below. Winners will be picked in a few days and the books sent out via USPS media mail.

Let me know in your reply if you'd like set 1, set 2, or either.

Set 1:
Worldwar: Tilting the Balance by Harry Turtledove
Worldwar: Striking the Balance by Harry Turtledove
Worldwar: Upsetting the Balance by Harry Turtledove
Storms of Victory by Jerry Pournelle
King David's Spaceship by Jerry Pournelle
Starswarm by Jerry Pournelle

Set 2:
Magic Kingdom for sale by Terry Brooks
The Renegades of Pern by Anne McCaffrey
Five Hundred Years After by Steven Brust
A Time of Changes by Robert Silverberg
The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien
Glenraven by Marion Zimmer Bradley and Holly Lisle

Update: A random selection has chosen are Vanwall for set 1 and orion5 for set 2.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bryan11,

Posts: 2358 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please put my entry in for set 1.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
Great karma. Please put me in for set 2. Thanks.

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
I'm in for either.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3806 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I'd like to be included for set 2.

Posts: 3652 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Set 1 seems interesting and I haven't read much of those two authors before. thanks for the chance !

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
What a cool, generous karma. I would be happy with either Smile

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3571 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Set 2 please. I’m working my way back through Darkover books now, and my daughter likes dragons. Thank you.

Both sets have excellent authors. Jerry was a class act, and knowledgeable in so very many fields. MZB, Silverberg, Brust are all among my favorites.

Posts: 506 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'm in for Set 1, please.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15178 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
Recieved set two, now have a lot of reading to do. Thanks Bryan for the great karma.

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post