SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    No Red Dead Redemption 2 thread?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Red Dead Redemption 2 thread? Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I cannot say enough how much I am enjoying it the second time around. Doing the side missions and exploring is quite a bit of fun; now I avoid the long 'yellow' missions until I am ready to move the story forward.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Thanks 1069.
I am kinda at a loss of how to go on with the missions.
I collected some debts and was holding the cash to pay my bounty, but at camp, I am a bad guy for not putting the money in the box.

I was going after the 6? outlaws and taking their pictures, but on got 3 so far.

You won't be able to finish that gunslinger quest for a long time. But, you can find all but one of them at the point you are now.

Oh, yeah, do the zoo quest. It is a good one.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Thanks 1069.
I am kinda at a loss of how to go on with the missions.
I collected some debts and was holding the cash to pay my bounty, but at camp, I am a bad guy for not putting the money in the box.

I was going after the 6? outlaws and taking their pictures, but on got 3 so far.

You won't be able to finish that gunslinger quest for a long time. But, you can find all but one of them at the point you are now.

Oh, yeah, do the zoo quest. It is a good one.

Thanks, will try to press on.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Honestly if you quit this game for any reason do so AFTER the Zoo quest. Smile

The magician quest was great too and the mad scientist guy quests.

Hell there are so many but do the Zoo quest even if you don’t like the game.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I plan to press on, but...I collected the debts for the gang and spent the money to pay off my bounties. Now, I owe the gang and they seem to be charging me interest. I have raided most cabins and chests and spent that to help pay off bounties.
I have been deer hunting and selling the meat, but 3-7$ each and interest is about 3-6$ a day.
Must pay that off before pressing on.

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Remember if you are going to pursue the crime route do so smartly. Wear a mask, change your clothes after the robbery, take a bath, change hair etc. All these things actually matter as far as being recognized.

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, so I did look for chests and went to old abandon houses and fenced a lot of jewelry.
I paid off the bounty but still owe money to the gang for collected debts.

I have never seen yellow markers on the screen.
I do have Xbox.

I thought collecting the debts was part of the main mission.
I guess I need to read up in that big book I got with the game as a present.

Thanks for all the help and I hope I did not hijack this thread, but felt like OP wanted to discuss RDR2

Go to the burned out town just below (south of) the horseshoe bluff camp. Go in the burned out Sheriffs office (furthest south building in town)and under the desk there is a strong box with a $500 gold bar (you have to unlock the fence at emerald ranch to sell it) .

Depending on if you like to take advantage of a glitch- leave the box open ( do not close it) and save the game. Restart the game from that saved slot and when you go back in the sheriffs office there will be a gold bar laying loose on the floor under the desk behind the box. Save and restart every time you grab a gold bar and you can keep collecting them. I did that a few times to pay off a huge bounty until the later missions where you start getting serious cash.

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
I did not like the game at all after a few hours when it first released. It was simply too slow for my taste, however I got in around 10 more hours on it the last couple days due to work closing for the cold weather, and it has gotten more interesting, however I would advise anyone just getting into it that this game is not a combat game. The controls are horrible and clunky, shootouts are painful to orchestrate. It took me forever to figure out I had to keep pulling the trigger on the controller just to get the guy to cycle the lever action. I get going for realism, but its a video game for crying out loud.

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go to the burned out town just below (south of) the horseshoe bluff camp. Go in the burned out Sheriffs office (furthest south building in town)and under the desk there is a strong box with a $500 gold bar (you have to unlock the fence at emerald ranch to sell it) .

Depending on if you like to take advantage of a glitch- leave the box open ( do not close it) and save the game. Restart the game from that saved slot and when you go back in the sheriffs office there will be a gold bar laying loose on the floor under the desk behind the box. Save and restart every time you grab a gold bar and you can keep collecting them. I did that a few times to pay off a huge bounty until the later missions where you start getting serious cash.

Drat. Looks like they fixed this glitch. (XBox1)

Thanks for posting that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have never used any of the glitches so YMMV but once you unlock the horse fence there is a glitch associated with that. Look it up on YouTube as I don’t know the specifics.

I liked combat once I found its groove. It’s not a run and gun FPS or GTA cartoonish style. It’s got a heavier grittier feel and I like that. But I TOTALLY understand folks who have issue with the combat mechanics. A nice patch might allow for a user to choose their combat style (more arcade/speed vs more realistic deliberate etc.)

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips will try some of them. I could use that $500.
Yeah, I do not feel that the combat on this one is near as good as RDR 1. I had no trouble on that one, but if there are more than 2 guys after me on this game it is game over for me. Heck sometimes I cannot seem to get my rifle out before I get killed.
Not sure why it keeps changing my option for the rifle to a saddle, seems goofy to me.
I do not like the aiming on RDR2 compared to 1 either. It seems harder to even locate your enemies in this second version.
I pretty well had combat mastered in 1, as well as hunting in 1. Could not do horse shoe game at all in 1.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Today I saw smoke rising from a chimney in the horizon.
I immediately wanted to ransack the home and kill everyone inside.

I have been playing too much RedDead2

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Good article that explains pretty well how I am playing the game the second time around.

I never want RD2 to end

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Yeah, the more I play, the less I like the story line.

going into town with Benny to get him drunk. How did you think it would turn out?? WANTED!

Springing some other jackass from jail, shoulda left him in there, he belongs there. WANTED!

I liked RDR 1 better in that respect. Seems all my horses are slower than every other horse in the game.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for all the help and I hope I did not hijack this thread, but felt like OP wanted to discuss RDR2

You didn't hijack anything! As you said this is a place to discuss the game and all aspects of it.

Unfortunately the stupid real world got in the way and I have not been able to play much. I am still in Epilogue 2 but have decided to finish the story missions as soon as I can get back to the game. Like any good drama I guess there have been ups and downs and there were parts I didn't like but I am excited to see how it ends. This game will be one of those that sticks with me and will be a game I compare all other similar style games too. GTA San Andreas, Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind, and this are probably my top three favorite single player games ever played. This is a game I will buy again in 15 years when the full thing is released in a mobile version on the iPhone 26. You know, the basic model with only 20TB storage Wink.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Anyone still playing Red Dead 2?

I’ve got way too many hours into it and am now playing as John Marston. After getting through the final confrontation with Michia and Dutch, there are new bounties and areas of the map to open up and explore. I’ve discovered all 6 gangs, and have just 2 legendary animals left to find.

Currently I’m at 88.2% complete; I’m prepared to stop after reaching 90%. I’ve not looked for any of the legendary fish, so I’m hoping they help push my % completed up a bit.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Anyone still playing Red Dead 2?

I’ve got way too many hours into it and am now playing as John Marston. After getting through the final confrontation with Michia and Dutch, there are new bounties and areas of the map to open up and explore. I’ve discovered all 6 gangs, and have just 2 legendary animals left to find.

Currently I’m at 88.2% complete; I’m prepared to stop after reaching 90%. I’ve not looked for any of the legendary fish, so I’m hoping they help push my % completed up a bit.

Has it come to PC yet?

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Well, after playing beat ‘2’ three times, I downloaded the original tonight and am going to give that a while. I know how it ends, looking forward to seeing things in the game that the writers brought into “2”.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I've played through to where the camp gets moved to Saint Denis, but not any further. I need to finish it. A YouTube spoiled Arthur's plot arc for me, which pissed me off greatly and took all the steam out of me going any further. Serves me right, I guess, but I owe it to myself and the game developers to finish it.

I'll be curious to see what you think of the first one. I watched a video where they were talking about the meteor pieces in the second game. Apparently the meteor falling was a live event in the multiplayer for the first game, and there's a crater and skidmark where it blasted through a ridge before impacting. Some players where there for it, and the impact zone is about where the southwestern corner of West Elizabeth is in the second game, I think. In Red Dead, it's out of bounds and you have to use cheats or exploits to get there, but the crater is accessible.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Passed over my 360, so I don't even have the option to play it (short of buying an Xbox one). Previews looked cool though and I really enjoyed RDR 1.

Did you ever play on the PC? I’m still doing XBox and read about many unhappy PC gamers with this title.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ