SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    No Red Dead Redemption 2 thread?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Red Dead Redemption 2 thread? Login/Join 
I'm older than I look
posted Hide Post
loved RDR and Undead Redemption on xbox 360

maybe i'm old...ps4 rdr2 is ok.

Posts: 1939 | Location: San Fernando Valley, CA | Registered: September 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Up to 70%.

I’m glad I played him with “honor”.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Just bought it for Xbox. Installing now. 93GB!

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Wonder when the digital versions will go on sale.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Observation -

If you play your character like any of Clint's Spaghetti Western characters or Unforgiven, you have a good chance of finishing the game 'honorable.'.

It actually made the game more fun for me when it came to decisions, "what would Clint do?"

I went so far as to design my character's look and clothing to be similar to Eastwood's.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Waiting for pc release.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I ordered it. Newegg has a digital offer for Xbox that gives $5 off plus a $10 Xbox gift card if you use Promo Code EMCTUUA74 for $5/off.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
What are some good things to know that the game doesn’t hold your hand telling you? Basic stuff.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
What are some good things to know that the game doesn’t hold your hand telling you? Basic stuff.

I don't think that the game does a great job of explain the honor system. Your honor level affects how certain NPCs interact with you and you can miss some side missions if it is not high enough. You also get a discount at stores with a higher level, and you can unlock some skins and cosmetic stuff for guns with a higher honor. Also you cannot achieve max honor until later in the game.

My biggest recommendation is to explore the world around you. You can complete the story and not see everything on the map. You really have to ride around and run into things.

Save a lot. Talk to anyone who wants to talk back. Hunt. And IMO work on the satchels that you can craft from the cook in camp before pretty much anything else.

Don't play the story missions while in a party with other people. Part of what makes this game great is the soundtrack, dialog and scenery. I get into a party pretty much every night with friends and I only do side stuff when in those parties. I do missions when I am alone and can focus on the game.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved RDR 1.
This game is quite different. I find control a little more clumsy.
Not sure if it is my tv, having problems with dark spots and not sure if that is the reason it is always so hard for me to see what is going on in the screen picture.
Lots of haze and smoke in the game.
traded a horse in and lost the horse I had back at camp. I do not like to have to hold down a button until it cycles out, love to just tap button to pick up things.

The on screen view of what people are saying is too small. It takes a lot of time to do anything, or maybe it is just me.

Also, I do think someone posted on RDR 2 back before Christmas.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I played for 2.5 hrs. yesterday and got motion sick really bad. Woke up with a headache like a hangover.

Gonna take me a long time to complete that game.
Not sure what to do next. I do have the hard back book the kids got me for Christmas.

I went into town to sell some stuff and got off my horse. The next thing I know, I had pulled and shot my gun and wounded somebody.

I have no idea how it happened.
The posse was on me like a flash and were killing me, so I had to shoot it out as my horse was out of gas.
I now have a $300 bounty on me and only 60$ to my name.

Cannot hardly go to town to sell anything to make more money to pay bounty.

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cannot hardly go to town to sell anything to make more money to pay bounty.

Complete the required missions until you can rob the bank. Your share will give you enough cash to pretty much do what you please.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Thanks 1069.
I am kinda at a loss of how to go on with the missions.
I collected some debts and was holding the cash to pay my bounty, but at camp, I am a bad guy for not putting the money in the box.

I was going after the 6? outlaws and taking their pictures, but on got 3 so far.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Thanks 1069.

I was going after the 6? outlaws and taking their pictures, but on got 3 so far.

That one's a side quest - I never completed it, though. The main quests are fairly linear, and are fed to you as you talk to the people in your group, either camp or at their locations as marked on their map.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Doing the 2nd mission for the woman looking for her zebra actually has a darker and twisted ending then you might think. It's worth completing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Thanks 1069.
I am kinda at a loss of how to go on with the missions.
I collected some debts and was holding the cash to pay my bounty, but at camp, I am a bad guy for not putting the money in the box.

You should have yellow markers on your map with letters in them. Those are the main missions. White markers with letters are side quests and then occasionally you’ll get white dots pop up near you, usually accompanied by voices, that are random activities you can get involved in.

Some of the side quests are based time of day, so the markers will only appear during certain hours. Also not all the side quests will be able to be finished in a short amount of time. Some, like the gunfighter one you did, you have to wait until later in the game to finish.

If you’ve opened up the first fence, that’s who you want to sell stuff to. Go kill some gang members and collect the rings and belt buckles and watches and take them to the fence. The fence will also buy gold bars and nuggets.

Personally I recommend getting to chapter 3 and then slowing down. Chapter 3 is a great place to do a lot of hunting. You can work on getting your upgraded pouches from the Pearson in camp and completing the challenges to unlock the weapons gear from the trapper. Chapter 3 is a great time to go out and really explore the world.

I just made it to epilogue 2. I’m not ready for the story to be over yet but it’s been a great ride.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just made it to epilogue 2. I’m not ready for the story to be over yet but it’s been a great ride.

I restarted the game from a 30% saved place. Taking it much slower and avoiding the mandatory missions until I have to. A lot of fun.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Okay, so I did look for chests and went to old abandon houses and fenced a lot of jewelry.
I paid off the bounty but still owe money to the gang for collected debts.

I have never seen yellow markers on the screen.
I do have Xbox.

I thought collecting the debts was part of the main mission.
I guess I need to read up in that big book I got with the game as a present.

Thanks for all the help and I hope I did not hijack this thread, but felt like OP wanted to discuss RDR2

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for all the help and I hope I did not hijack this thread, but felt like OP wanted to discuss RDR2

Hijack away. RD2 is the first game I've played in 20 years...now I find myself fighting my 15 year olds for XBox time!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I’m a big western fan and have written a number of western fanfiction stories (Lone Ranger, High Chaparral, and Brisco County) in recent years as a hobby, but I was really hesitant to get into this game since I just don’t enjoy playing bad guys. I’ve enjoyed reading this thread and the option to play honorably sounds good to me, so I may pick it up sometime soon. I’m currently almost finished with Dragonborn, the last Skyrim add-on. I’ve walked basically the entire Skyrim map (and am working on Solstheim) so the exploration and crafting in the west sounds fun.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post