SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead Season 8
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead Season 8 Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Aaaand I almost peed myself:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_nnsbR39ss&t=339s

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
If my 13 y.o. son stays interested then I will continue watch it with him, because it is something (among a lot of things) that we enjoy doing together.

He likes TWD so much that he dressed up as Negan for Halloween, leather jacket, Lucille, and he even had some of Negan's mannerisms down pretty good!

And then the lady down the street calls and tells me, "When I gave your son pencils instead of candy, he asked me if I had my shittin' pants on."

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:

And then the lady down the street calls and tells me, "When I gave your son pencils instead of candy, he asked me if I had my shittin' pants on."

Now, that's hilarious!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Seems TWD might have more problems than the NFL.

This season's viewer ratings have fallen substantially, the show losing almost half it's audience from last season's opener.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/i...levels/#6912a3af5f93

Last seasons opener followed a huge cliffhanger but with that said, I'm ready to wrap this one up, lets call it already.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
All I know is dat I wants me one o' dem guns dat shoot never-ending boolits!!!! Doze be AWESOME!!!!! Do the producers NOT think that's the first thing gun nuts would notice? Good lord!!!! [JSMH]. Like others, I'm to far vested in this damned thing to quit now...unfortunately.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
When TWD first aired, the show got a lot of attention based on its production values and graphic action. It also got a lot of criticism for its slow pace in setting scenes up.

Its defenders echoed the producers -- it's a character based show.

The show doesn't just eat its own PR now, it's been swallowed up by it. If you saw the 100th anniversary show with its parade of show actors and a live audience over 5000, you saw the series' pathology. They think they've created such timeless and unforgettable characters, everything else takes a back seat. Take them all and plop them in a Cincinnati PD series or a game show, it couldn't fail, huh?

The only possible closure now will be when the last of these beloved, iconic idols dies.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I hope you guys have your bitchin pants on!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:

LOL...good one!

Morgan and Jesus fighting now... who will win???

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:

LOL...good one!

Morgan and Jesus fighting now... who will win???

Doesn’t matter. This silly side plot will bite them in the ass later (keeping the Saviors alive). It was interesting getting a different perspective on Rick’s tactics from the other side.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yup.....shoulda killified the ones they're keeping as POW's. rusbro has it...gonna bite them in the ass. At least they shoulda let Morgan pop a cap right into the skull of that long-haired dude that was just goading him on. At least give him a mouthful of the walking stick...

[JSMH] This is getting about as predictable as "professional" wrestling. Even Negan is like Rick Flair. WHOA!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
The prisoners could go either way. They could escape and do damage to the "good guys," or they could come to the rescue when they see they're being shown mercy simply because it's the supposed right thing to do.

I'm leaning towards the latter, since Rick has suddenly been merciful, when for a long time he had a kill'em all attitude.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Tara was right, they should have taken no prisoners. Tara might be going off the deep end slightly! I wonder if Rick is mad at Daryl or was that look when Daryl shot that guy outside just his stern look of oh well?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if Rick is mad at Daryl or was that look when Daryl shot that guy outside just his stern look of oh well?

That was the second person that episode that Daryl killed against Rick's wishes. They are re-positioning Rick to not be a stone-faced killah. A season or two ago he'd of wasted every single one of them, regardless of surrender, I think.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Tara was right, they should have taken no prisoners...

Jesus stuck with his "We're better than that" justification. A smarter guy er...writer could have added "We can trade them if some of us get captured."

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Tara was right, they should have taken no prisoners...

Jesus stuck with his "We're better than that" justification. A smarter guy er...writer could have added "We can trade them if some of us get captured."

I don't think Negan would care enough about any of them to make a trade.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:

I also don't think they would take prisoners at this point.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:

On the surface I agree, but the Negan character has been painted as at times seeming to be merciful/forgiving, while he may still single out one, or a few, for brutal atonement for the crimes of the group/others.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Some survival tactics the writers of TWD might look into: Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:

This is what bugged me. Who the fuck would take prisoners in this situation? More mouths to feed, more people to put up with. Not to mention they are only looking to escape or kill you. Nope, in this situation you kill em all and roll on. Sorry, but fuck you Jesus, there's a time and place for that state of mind and they are no where near that. A time this state of mind is relevant would be many many years away, after zombies ceased and people are trying to create a civilized society.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
Sorry, but fuck you Jesus, there's a time and place for that state of mind and they are no where near that.

Not to mention being a moral compass on TWD has always been the kiss of death. Not even Dale rose to the level Jesus has attained, he's a goner and good riddance. Looking for his death to be all Biblical, dripping with heavy-handed allegory and forced sadness.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post