SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Just returned from 8 days in Ireland... What a beautiful place
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just returned from 8 days in Ireland... What a beautiful place Login/Join 
Picture of redlickranch
posted
Nine of us from Kentucky took a trip with EF tours to Ireland. We have been planning it for two years and were not sure if it would happen with everything going on in the world. Other than American Airlines losing our luggage for 6 days going there and then mine on way home it was a great trip. Folks in Ireland are supper friendly and funny as hell. The old castles were amazing to see in person. If you are looking for a vacation spot I would highly recommend going there.

Ashford Castle

Blarney Castle...

Charley Fort - Kinsale

Castle

The Cliffs

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was there a few years ago. Beautiful place. I would encourage everyone to go there at least once.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I would encourage everyone to go there at least once.

Eight times is better and be sure to make all 32 counties north and south your goal. Big Grin

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It really is a beautiful country.

We flew there in late October 2012 for our honeymoon and as the plane descended into Dublin airport I gazed out the window and was amazed at how GREEN everything was from the air, it truly is “The Emerald Isle”, you can’t really understand it until you’ve seen it in person.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

We flew there in late October 2012 for our honeymoon and as the plane descended into Dublin airport I gazed out the window and was amazed at how GREEN everything was from the air , it truly is “The Emerald Isle”, you can’t really understand it until you’ve seen it in person.

Our first trip "home" was November 1996 and I was amazed that anywhere could be SO green in November. And yes, some people we met asked us if it was our "first time home".

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Went there a while back, probably 20 years, dang, the castles are great, the cliffs as well, stayed the night in Cobh, the last port of call for the Titanic, Waterford.

Best thing is lunch at a pub, they always have a hot lunch, great stuff, and a Guinness draft, have to say that much of the countryside out of Dublin reminded me of central Kentucky Bluegrass, stone fences, horses, and Jameson Whiskey not Bourbon...

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Not to hijack your thread be we just got back from a week in Scotland and from the looks of it Ireland is just as beautiful.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I was scheduled to go to Ireland and Scotland in 2018, but got drawn for a KY Elk tags so I postponed it. My wife and daughter did the trip and said Scotland was pretty sweet. I plan to go back in a few years if "Monkey Pox" doesn't get me. Nice pics.

I also couldn't believe how narrow the roads were over there. It was cool seeing cars that they don't make over here like the Ford Puma.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post