SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite Movie Hero Death/sacrifice?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Movie Hero Death/sacrifice? Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

[Trivia note: that isn't Vasquez's hands firing the Smith & Wesson 39 into the alien at close range. The actor (Jenette Goldstein) did not actually have a lot of firearms proficiency, so it was the film producer's hands shown in the close-up shot.]

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
John Wayne's death in the Cowboys. I saw it for the first time on tv when I was around 9 years old and it really bothered me. I just couldn't believe that the Duke was shot in the back right before my eyes.

This scene had the same effect on me as a kid watching it for the first time. To be honest, I still get choked up watching it to this day.

Bruce Dern has to be the most despicable Western villain of all time! Who else has done anything as bad as shoot John Wayne in the back and hang Clint Eastwood?!

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Any Beast Wars fans? Dinobot takes on the whole Predacon squad and saved the human race in Code of Hero.

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
He knew what would happen, and did it anyway.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Citadel,

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
Kurogane in 'Ran'.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ss9961:
Armageddon. Bruce Willis. Saves every living thing on earth.
Even the bacteria.
Mic drop.

agree

cheesy movie but it's a good one

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
Slim Pickins playing the nuclear cowboy bomber pilot riding the bimb down bronco bustin style in Dr Strangelove.

Absolutely.

Nuke-u-lar combat, toe to toe with the Rooskies.

(Can someone post a link to convert Youtube addresses?)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
Slim Pickins playing the nuclear cowboy bomber pilot riding the bimb down bronco bustin style in Dr Strangelove.

Absolutely.

Toe to toe, nuke-u-lar combat with the Rooskies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ynY5NvYsZY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3edi2Wkr5YI

(Can someone post a link to convert Youtube addresses?)

Go to youtube. Click share, click 'embed'. Copy the entire embed code. Go to the open 'reply' box you have ready on the forum. Click on the little 'filmstrip' icon on the top of the reply box (second from right). In the body of the reply box click between the two 'flash video' tags and paste the embed code you got from youtube. Hit 'post now' and there you have it.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:

Go to youtube. Click share, click 'embed'. Copy the entire embed code. Go to the open 'reply' box you have ready on the forum. Click on the little 'filmstrip' icon on the top of the reply box (second from right). In the body of the reply box click between the two 'flash video' tags and paste the embed code you got from youtube. Hit 'post now' and there you have it.

Thanks.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Debra Paget as Kalua in "Bird of Paradise"

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the series, "The Pacific", Sgt John Basilone. Seems he just couldn't get enough combat, and was killed at Iwo Jima.
He was bound and determined to lead young Marines in the battle, it seemed he knew he would die there.
Man that's a great series.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Lets go.

Why not.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I mentioned it before, but it should have been my number 1 pick. Figured I'd link the scene...

Also, Danilov's sacrifice in Enemy At the Gates...

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
United 93 - Art imitating life

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M1Garandy:
Flight of the Intruder comes to mind where a crippled LTCDR Cole calls in an airstrike on himself to ensure the AAA gun is neutralized and prevent Grafton and Camparelli form getting hurt/killed/captured trying to save him.

Dude that's a hell of a good pull. Underrated movie in my opinion, Dafoe is excellent in it as he is in all roles I've seen him play. Do it Sandy, I'd do it for you. Its always dusty as hell in my house when that scene plays.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ending to Breaking Bad was epic.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Theo in Children of Men

Posts: 3508 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
The Wild Bunch going out in a blaze of glory.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
did nobody mention the death of the Terminator T800 yet?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Not really a "favorite," but - the ending of Von Ryan's Express.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post