SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Thomas Crown Affair (1968) Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
I had never watched this movie before, but saw it on Prime and decided to watch. I much prefer the remake.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Remake is a much better movie.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
An ass for every seat. If you like everything I hate about modern movies, it was better. Big Grin

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I had never watched this movie before, but saw it on Prime and decided to watch. I much prefer the remake.

Same. After seeing the remake several times, the original was a let down when I finally saw it.
In the remake, I thought Denis Leary was great for what time he got.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The glider segment in the original was cool.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
It had Renee Russo. Faye Dunaway was good in the first, but I like Renee.

quote:
Originally posted by cas:
An ass for every seat. If you like everything I hate about modern movies, it was better. Big Grin

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
both were good to me

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
It had Renee Russo. Faye Dunaway was good in the first, but I like Renee.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Nope. Prime Faye > prime Renee.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Oh, I LOVE Faye. But the story in the remake just works better and fits together better. Stealing art as a game makes more sense than stealing cash.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
I prefer the original slightly to the remake.
But, I'll admit to being biased. Don't know anything about the production of the remake, but I was present (possibly on camera for a microsecond) in a scene from the '68 version.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Did y'all notice that Faye Dunnaway played 'the psychiatrist' in the remake?

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yes.

I have both on DVD and although I like the first one, I think the remake is a lot more interesting and sophisticated.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never saw the remake so I can't compare.

I'm 71, I remember when Steve McQueen was the ultimate in COOL. In "The Great Escape," "Bullitt," "Thomas Crown Affair," and others, he was the guy all of us teenagers dreamed of being.

I can't say the same for Pierce Brosnan.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

I'm 71, I remember when Steve McQueen was the ultimate in COOL. In "The Great Escape," "Bullitt," "Thomas Crown Affair," and others, he was the guy all of us teenagers dreamed of being.
Don't forget LeMans

I can't say the same for Pierce Brosnan. I can never see him as anyone but Bond.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

I can't say the same for Pierce Brosnan.

Anybody that has been James Bond is plenty cool for me.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Decided to watch both yesterday....

Even though it is more dated, I'll say I enjoyed the original more. Just cool to watch all the stuff we young teenage boys desired and was promoted in Playboy magazine back then....
Cool bar and pad
Dune Buggy
Glider
Golf and Gambling
Even Polo?
McQueen was way 'cooler' than Bronson.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the second one better, especially the music. Nina Simone singing "Sinnerman" in the bowler hat scene at the end is great

Posts: 581 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post