SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    PIG - W/Nicolas Cage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PIG - W/Nicolas Cage Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Is a shockingly good movie.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I watched the trailer and I had no idea how it would go. I will check it out now.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Never heard of it.
Watched the trailer. Is this in the theaters or a specific streaming platform?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I saw the preview on Apple TV. Wasn't sure if I should rent it. Maybe I'll give it a watch after all.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Just saw it. Great performances. Probably the most intense story about a pig I've seen.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So umm “that’ll do pig?”

Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Just saw it. Great performances. Probably the most intense story about a pig I've seen.

So . . . is that a lot of stories? All I can think of is Charlotte's Web and the Babe movies. Are "pig stories" a genre that I somehow missed and should be looking into?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I actually have not seen either of those films, but I was just making a joke anyways. Smile

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
I actually have not seen either of those films, but I was just making a joke anyways. Smile

You are missing out. They are both very enjoyable movies.

Did they ever make the book A Day No Pigs Would Die by Robert Newton Peck into a movie?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I watched the trailer and was intrigued but moved on.

I guess I'll give it a shot after all.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Cage has made so many stinkers in the last decade plus, it's hard to forgive

I showed the trailer to the Smokin Hot Wife last night, we will be watching it soon

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:

Me too, althought it's a crime you haven't seen Babe.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Does the pig have a wooden leg?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Paid the .99 on Amazon last night. Yes Nic did a great job acting in his roll but overall it was a bit of a stinker.

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
A bit slow and confusing at times but we liked it.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Paid the .99 on Amazon last night. Yes Nic did a great job acting in his roll but overall it was a bit of a stinker.

BigSwede, would that be a "stinker" or an "Oinker"?

This thread reminds me of one of my favorite James Taylor songs, "Mona".

https://youtu.be/D_jrh3bTm6I

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
The GF and I agreed (we rarely do about movies (or anything else)) that this was about the dumbest flick we have ever seen. My $0.99 was wasted.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post