Find
Notify
Tools

1883 Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Pretty good 5 episodes in.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the first few episodes now its going the same route as Yellowstone,SLOWWWWWWW!
They give us 2 minutes of action and 20 minutes of dragged out, very predictable story line.
Getting boring.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
We are caught up on the series and are enjoying it. 1883 definitely has a feel for how rough cross country traveling in a wagon train would be.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Glad they shed some furniture finally. We kept commenting, that was a lot of shit set up every day they stopped to camp!

A piano and an iron stove? Someone should have called foul on all that before they were getting stuck and breaking axles. Says the guy never having crossed west in a wagon....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Overall, I like the series, but the overused narration by Isabel May (Elsa) and her fake southern accent are getting on my nerves. I find myself fast-forwarding through those parts.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed. She is easy on the eyes but not only is her accented overdone I find I can’t even understand it without subtitles.

I find Faith Hill a serviceable actress but Tim McGraw was born to be a cowboy actor. He is outstanding.

If Sam Elliott cries one more time though, for Pete’s sake. Even my wife is calling him a crybaby.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Her never ending mumbling has consumed the entire show.
50 minutes of mumbling and 10 minutes of actual action.
I always marvel at the casting selections. They believe they must have a Blond cast for her role but then cast a fake blond that has her dark hair roots show in every close up. Must be a bitch finding a hair dresser out on the trail.
I guess there is a horrible shortage of natural blonds in Hollywood.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^Yes, I thought that was interesting, too, that this “blonde” had dark roots. In one episode she actually had a good hair dye job and it wasn’t nearly as noticeable.

There’s definitely some anachronisms with the weapons, such as the plastic butt plate on mom’s shotgun. And I agree very much that Elsa’s long winded soliloquies are absolutely insufferable. Not to mention, the “wokeness” thrown in, such as Elsa immediately falling for the Indian and making out with him during a tornado. Still, I’ll see it through.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
I find it very difficult to believe a white woman would “hook up” with an Indian in 1883. We were still having Indian wars, scalping and raiding. It depends on the tribe, there were civilized tribes, and there was the Comanche. Even if the white girl wanted to get involved with an Indian I doubt it would be in front of white men - in particular cow hands or her parents. The Indian would never be seen again after the first night if they didn’t kill him on the spot.

My great-grandparents were still fighting Indian raiding parties in Oklahoma at this time and later. The Indians were feared and hated.

Anything is possible but this seems unlikely.

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
And that Indian spoke better english than the many of the White people on the wagon train.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubya:
I find it very difficult to believe a white woman would “hook up” with an Indian in 1883. We were still having Indian wars, scalping and raiding. It depends on the tribe, there were civilized tribes, and there was the Comanche. Even if the white girl wanted to get involved with an Indian I doubt it would be in front of white men - in particular cow hands or her parents. The Indian would never be seen again after the first night if they didn’t kill him on the spot.

My great-grandparents were still fighting Indian raiding parties in Oklahoma at this time and later. The Indians were feared and hated.

But, but, that doesn't fit THE MESSAGE...

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the bible thumper girl that Georgie has a crush on , on the TV show Young Sheldon.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Good thing they are not going to Alaska. She would be marrying an Eskimo next!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No one is going to comment about her dropping a bison with 1 shot from a revolver?

Posts: 790 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
No one is going to comment about her dropping a bison with 1 shot from a revolver?

You beat me to it. I watched the latest episode last night and that scene really stuck out for me.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
At a full Gallup and without aiming.

I also enjoyed seeing her new designer Cowgirl outfit.

posted Hide Post
1883 would be so much better if a different character narrated the episode from their point of view.

I am so over hearing the ramblings of the 18 year old Mary Sue who is good at everything because the script says so. 1 minute she's grieving her "husband" who she actually didn't get to marry then next minute she's making out with an Indian while the tornado is right over them. FFS can we just get a solid Western themed show that doesn't have all this teenage nonsense in it?

Posts: 790 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Started to go downhill badly for me. Is there any dude she doesn't talk to and then bang? Now she's marrying the Comanche after knowing for for a whole couple of days or so? WTF.

Plus, how in the hell in that day/age would a former Confederate officer be completely OK with his daughter marrying a native? Seems to be going all woke.

And yes, I immediately said something out loud when she dropped the buffalo with a single shot from her pea shooter.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubya:

Yellow hair is a little ho

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Sheridan appeared in this show too.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post