SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Epic Concerts and Venues
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Epic Concerts and Venues Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
lyman, The Abyss was on 19th street close to the location of the VA Beach Convention center. You might be thinking of Peabody’s on 21st street between Atlantic and Pacific Ave.

I saw Less Than Jake and Millencolin at Peabody’s many years ago. As far as venues it was one if my least favorite. I like smaller venues but that place is tiny.

yup,

Peabody's,

vaguely remember going there once, no idea who was playing,

alcohol may have been a factor in that

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I once got to see Radiohead in a Roman Colosseum built in 50ad in the south of France, w crumbling stone columns, etc. Later I saw them at Coachella which was fun but not at all as interesting, venue wise.

Saw GnR and INXS together in Texas Stadium, and Pink Floyd and U2 (separately) in ASU's stadium.

But really, things like seeing Dizzy Gillespie in a small bar in Georgetown was better than most.

I've always wanted to hig a big venue like Coachella or Glastonberry,
but not sure if I would enjoy it like the smaller shows,

there was a viral video years ago of a drunk dude at Coachella that lost a flip flop and took about 5 minutes to get it back on his feet,
the band playing in the background was The Specials, and it was (IIRC) the first show they had played in many years,

the vid pissed me off at the time since here was a drunken dude at a show I wanted to be at, who was too shitfaced to know what a great show he was missing,, (seen The Specials 2x's since,, they do a great show)

small venue,, maybe not epic but awesome,

Dave Bruebeck, playing an outdoor venue here in RVA on the river,

as a train came by the venue, they broke time and played in time with the clicking clacking of the train going by,, while a thunderstorm (with a nice show of lightning) drifted by a few miles behind the stage,

wonderful night that was

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post