SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone else get their TOOL tickets?? BACK FROM THE SHOW!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else get their TOOL tickets?? BACK FROM THE SHOW!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Tickets went on sale today for their upcoming tour!
I have not seen them live but have always wanted to. I listened to them a ton in High School and should have gone then but I didn’t. I love the music but the crowd is not quite my scene. So I opted not to go and regretted it and of course they quit touring for quite some time.
Was supposed to go to their last tour but left the ticket getting up to a buddy and that was a bad idea.
So I put myself in charge of getting tickets this go round.
Now we just anxiously await March!
Then less than a month later off to see Elton John if that concert does not get postponed for the 3rd time now I think.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25352 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have reluctantly passed on this one so far. Unfortunately the only show near me is over an hour away and on a Wednesday so that’s super inconvenient. I’d still go if I had anyone to go with but as much as I love Tool I’m not going to drive 3 hours round trip on a Wednesday by myself to see them.

I’ve seen them several times though and you are in for an amazing show.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I love the music but the crowd is not quite my scene.

I am the same way. Lateralus played a large part in defining my musical taste, and I love all their albums, but I'll never go to a show.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Love the music, but all I hear are horror stories about the live concerts. Fights, (moshing) break out everywhere…it’s not a situation where you’d be comfortable bringing your gal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
When you are a Tool fan and decide to run on stage, only to learn that the singer happens to practice MMA and makes YOU the show for the next 15 minutes.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Interesting comments about the crowd. I’ve been to a few Tool shows, and a few APC shows too, and never had any issues or noticed anything particularly off about the fans there. The first one of their shows I went to at The Tabernacle in ATL, there were lot of counterfeit tickets sold and they removed everyone from the venue and had Ticketmaster send reps to recheck tickets. The show started a few hours late and nobody made any sort of scene. Everyone seemed pretty chill about it.

Though most of the shows I’ve gone to as a customer are in that same genre of music so I spend most of my time at concerts among many of the same people. Perhaps I’m just used to it but I’ve never had any issues at any of them. I even jump into the mosh pit at most of them and despite the look from the outside most people in the pit are super friendly and just having fun.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I love the music but the crowd is not quite my scene.

I am the same way. Lateralus played a large part in defining my musical taste, and I love all their albums, but I'll never go to a show.

quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Love the music, but all I hear are horror stories about the live concerts. Fights, (moshing) break out everywhere…it’s not a situation where you’d be comfortable bringing your gal.

The exact reasons I picked the venue I did. No general admission, no pits, assigned seating and got an aisle seat.

I have spent my time in the pit when I was young. I want to enjoy the show.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
I put Fear Inoculum into the CD player on the way to work today. I got goosebumps and almost cried. I hope you update this thread with your impressions of the concert.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Good live show. Bring ear plugs.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
When you are a Tool fan and decide to run on stage, only to learn that the singer happens to practice MMA and makes YOU the show for the next 15 minutes.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dS41ost0pM8" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

4min 10 seconds if you want to skip to the event!

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yes (tickets).

After several Tool shows over the years, plus a few by APC and Puscifer, I have no idea what you're taking about regarding the crowd.

Tool shows have never been known as wild or rough. I've sat in a seat at most shows, with friends and girlfriends and such, safe and sound, even when standing the whole time in General Admission at a show or two. Literally zero issues of any sort.

Strange comments.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Yes (tickets).

After several Tool shows over the years, plus a few by APC and Puscifer, I have no idea what you're taking about regarding the crowd.

Tool shows have never been known as wild or rough. I've sat in a seat at nearly every single show, with friends and girlfriends and such, safe and sound, even when standing. Literally zero issues of any sort.

Strange comments.

I’m figured you’d find your way into this thread and I’m glad you commented as your experiences mirror mine above.

In fact since you brought up seats, I did attend one APC show that was in a shitty old warehouse with no seating at all. We were fairly close to the stage and if there was any moshing going on I don’t recall it. I took my then wife to that show as did a friend of mine. No issues at all.

Also I’d like to point out, based on an earlier post, that moshing is not fighting.

If anyone is hesitant to see Tool based on the audience I think you are missing out based on a fear of nothing. Of course you can always find yourself around rowdy fans but that shit happens at pop-country concerts probably as often as it would at a Tool show.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
4min 10 seconds if you want to skip to the event!

It's a shame they weren't doing Stinkfist when that guy jumped up...

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the tickets. I have been debating whether or not to go to the one here in Utah. I have seen them several times all across the country, including the last 3 tours. Set list will be a big factor for me to decide.

I saw them first back in 93 (extra credit for anyone that automatically thinks of a certain song on Aenima with that date) on the Lollapalooza tour, they were a second stage act at that point. I am wondering if the comments about the crowd came from that time period. They took the stage about 3pm, and I can remember the first time hearing a young Maynard scream on stage. I can't remember who was on the main stage when that scream came over the grounds, but I do remember almost everyone left to go and see what was happening on the second stage. There was definitely a mosh pit starting to form.

I think you will find the crowd at a Tool show to be pretty much like any other concert. Lots of people in their 50's or older, and with ticket prices, you aren't getting drunk punks cruising the show looking to hurt people.

You will be in for a treat with all of the visuals that go on at their shows, there is some incredible artwork (Alex Gray) along with lights, lasers and other media. Enjoy it for sure. Plus they are very accomplished musicians with an incredible sound set up along with the needed sound people.

I hope people that do go to the shows will post song lists as well as impressions of the show in general. Maybe that can help change the minds of some, it really is worth seeing them at least once.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Less than 48 hours.
I can’t wait!!!!!!

————————————————

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4.40s1nine:

I hope people that do go to the shows will post song lists as well as impressions of the show in general. Maybe that can help change the minds of some, it really is worth seeing them at least once.

If you are looking for set lists this is a good site to check out.

https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=Tool

Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Less than 48 hours.
I can’t wait!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!! Such a badass experience. Another 2 weeks for me.

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
*******SPOILERS***********

The show was last night was very good. Though for me it was not great had I been to a TOOL show prior I think I would have enjoyed it far more.
Worth going absolutely!

I’ll admit that I find Undertow and Aenema to be be their best albums by far.
Lateralus was good as were the rest until Fear Innocuoulm with was just OK. To me it felt they just slapped some stuff together to finish a contract. I listen to it on occasion but nowhere near their first two albums.

Wasn’t much from the 1st 2 albums. Push It was by far the best song of the night, followed by Sober.

And now why it was just good for me and may very well be great for those that have seen them live before.

The concert was very unconventional. The lyrics and vocals were very much put to the background aswell as Maynard himself.
He spent the entire concert except for one song in the back two corners of the stage in the dark and never had the spotlight on him.

The drums were the absolute focal point of the show, followed by guitar, and bass.
There was a lot of jam sessions which were good. When Maynard want the vocals were quite muted compared to their studio stuff.

Sober and Hooker with a Penis were the only really vocal driven songs.

Chocolate Chip Trip was pretty much a drum spotlight and it was pretty slick.
Culling Voices not really sure what they were going for there they all gathered at the front of the stage on stools and kind of went for a light acoustic kind of thing.

Also there was no camera or video of the band members projected onto a larger screen.

So overall a good show and glad I went. Not as good as I was expecting but again it was a really strange format. I guess after all these years they just really wanted folks to focus on the instruments over the vocals/lyrics.

And yes one dude tried to jump on stage but was unsuccessful.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
I am glad you enjoyed the show.

I would give Fear Inoculum more attention, if I was you. I was luke warm on it at first too, but have grown to love it. I have the CD version, which omits two or three of the shorter tracks, in order to fit it on one disk; I don't consider it a loss, and I actually skip two other tracks every time now as well. I know that's not a hallmark of a great album, but I find it hugely enjoyable, if I skip tracks 5 and 6 (Culling Voices and Chocolate Chip Trip).

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
I am glad you enjoyed the show.

I would give Fear Inoculum more attention, if I was you. I was luke warm on it at first too, but have grown to love it. I have the CD version, which omits two or three of the shorter tracks, in order to fit it on one disk; I don't consider it a loss, and I actually skip two other tracks every time now as well. I know that's not a hallmark of a great album, but I find it hugely enjoyable, if I skip tracks 5 and 6 (Culling Voices and Chocolate Chip Trip).

It is not bad it is just nothing compared to Undertow and Aenema which were pretty much my Genesis to the genre.

————————————————