SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Xbox One to Xbox Series: migrate or start from scratch?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Xbox One to Xbox Series: migrate or start from scratch? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Seriously considering buying a Series because my local currency is turning to worthless paper and the Government is looking at choking imports to nill. We already having shortages since 2019 and nice things have vanished but it seems it ain’t enough.
There was an Xbox Series shortage that lasted 2-3 years but some finally made it t a market that can barely afford them.

What should i do, start from zero or migrate using my network?
Will my migrated games take advantage of the new machine specs or does it only work if i download the full game ?

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12110 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
When I got my Series X, all I did was log into my xbox live account and download the games I already owned that I still wanted to play.

Anything I owned on disc, I had to reinstall from disc.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’d grab a S or X, whatever you can get. If everything is going up PC high end stuff will be straight up stupid. At least if inflation is going to continue to be rammed up all our asses you’ll have something to do with a newer console and be safe for years to come as far as tech.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I’d grab a S or X, whatever you can get. If everything is going up PC high end stuff will be straight up stupid. At least if inflation is going to continue to be rammed up all our asses you’ll have something to do with a newer console and be safe for years to come as far as tech.

(Sarcastic smile) Our monthly inflation beats your annual inflation blindfolded with hands tied. Every month.

My gaming days are long gone, i do enjoy Division 2 with a US based clan on the XBO and that’s it.
Pretty much the same with PCs. Was one of the first PC owners in my country and necessity turned me into an IT guy. Already had nost of the answers and methods by the time the PC became an office tool. Also kept a couple of gaming PCs until i figured it was a money pit and bought the original Xbox.
Now i stopped playing on PC altogether and literally downsized to a NUC. So fed up with Windows after 35 years.

Finally decided that a console offers way more than what i need.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12110 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post