SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Rock Song lyric word game
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rock Song lyric word game Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
"dresses that shine" is from "Mississippi Queen" by Mountain.

That might be also but my wife was also listening to Depeche Mode this morning and Shine was playing. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14142 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I believe this: "Dream sweet dreams for you" has to be solved first.

Not my thread, but making comments about others songs with the same three words really confuses things.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39210 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Depeche Mode’s Shine does not have “dresses that shine” in the lyrics.

Also, “dream sweet dreams for you” is 5 words. The rules are 1, 2, or 3 words and if 2 or 3 words, then they have to be consecutive in the lyrics.

Game went off the tracks on the third post. Confused

Posts: 11588 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
...share the wine.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4383 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
to be disgusted

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10564 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonydec:
Land Down Under, Men at Work. Song and band are also 3 words each, a TRIPLE!

So far away...

Carole King

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1100 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Boy, thread got derailed quick Big Grin I'll take on the last one.

quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
to be disgusted

"Well I use to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused..."

The Angels Wanna Wear My Red Shoe"- Elvis Costello

Mine: ...thin red line...

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17145 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
"Here's to your thin red line...."
Van Halen - Unchained.

for the spirit

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1916 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"for the spirit ever lingers..."
Rush - The Spirit of Radio

next: "won't share you"

-MG

Posts: 2203 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
I won't share you by The Smiths.

Edit to add, again, "share the wine"

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4383 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^Actually that wasn't the song I had in mind.

Clue: they're British (well mostly), like The Smiths. They were active during the same time period as The Smiths. The three words aren't in the song title.

-MG

Posts: 2203 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Gotcha, Roxanne by the Police, "I won't share you with another boy

― John Adams

- Principal Skinner.

posted Hide Post
May we keep this going?

… “dog will hunt” …

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MRBTX,

Posts: 3642 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
May we keep this going?

… “dog will hunt” …

Primus, Jerry was a Race Car driver

another

Sucks Up Budgie

Posts: 10564 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
Sucks Up Budgie

The Clash - Magnificent Seven

next

"they will pass"

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:

"they will pass"

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man

Next-

"the blur of the landscape"

'veritas non verba magistri'

Posts: 4005 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:

"they will pass"

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man

Next-

"the blur of the landscape"

Rush

REd Barchetta

may be too obscure

Texture Like Sun

Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Golden Brown by the Stranglers.

"works the Cantina"

― John Adams

- Principal Skinner.