SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    This looks fun-The Tomorrrow War-Amazon Prime
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This looks fun-The Tomorrrow War-Amazon Prime Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Once I gave up on plot and guns/tactics it was pretty cool, really.

+1

enjoyed it. have daughters so there was a sentimental component to it also.

=================================

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
I really liked it. No Woke or "PC" stuff being stuck in my face was a big plus.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Just finished it. All the comparisons are accurate. I would add in Star Ship Troopers to the list. It was good.

Posts: 7518 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
I watched it last night and enjoyed it. Could have done with seeing a few more mag changes. The amount of rounds on target needed to put down one of those critters reminded me of a similar scenario with the bugs in Starship Troopers.

Michael
Starship Troopers (first one) had 1750 muzzle flashes (#1 in the ratings list)--can this film compete?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
I watched it last night and enjoyed it. Could have done with seeing a few more mag changes. The amount of rounds on target needed to put down one of those critters reminded me of a similar scenario with the bugs in Starship Troopers.

Michael
Starship Troopers (first one) had 1750 muzzle flashes (#1 in the ratings list)--can this film compete?

flashguy

I don’t know if it would win, but yes, there were many. It’s one of those movies where everyone fires on full auto and never reloads, so…

Posts: 17099 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, pretty much nailed it

Posts: 14630 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
Just watched it. I thought it was good entertainment!
Seems to me hand grenades and bazooka type weapons would have been better.

phil

Posts: 2383 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Yes.

LOTS of grenade opportunities in that show, mostly for the M203, 40mm ones.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7248 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I can see how "you have to hit 'em in the throat or belly" would throw someone off.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
not bad

a few hours of escapism

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I finally watched this. Overall, pretty good action that kept me at the edge of my seat. Some badass aliens - only thing missing was acid for blood. Some stupid parts but can ignore them. I like the actress that played Muri. She did a good job, as she did in Dexter. That talkative guy was annoying as heck.

What irked me: 1) on the flagpole, why is the prc flag second below USA, 2) why did the idiot DoD guy reject a simple mission to Russia; it costs relatively nothing to do so and could put an end to all the chaos happening and prevent the human race from being wiped out in the future - idiot. He definitely doesn't deserve any credit and in fact should be outed and subject to whatever befalls upon him by people knowing he could have saved the world but didn't. 3) where do the spikes come from; how quickly can they be generated? How are they propelled?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12712 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post