SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    This looks fun-The Tomorrrow War-Amazon Prime
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This looks fun-The Tomorrrow War-Amazon Prime Login/Join 
posted
By all indications Chris Pratt is a good guy not deeply involved in the Hollywood bullshit.

Bit of an Edge of Tomorrow vibe without the psychotic leading man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPistcpGB8o

*Edited to add that the trailer for Infinite looks kind of neat also.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Yeah I agree this film looks like it could be fun!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I will have to check it out.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Definitely on my list. Chris Pratt is a local boy from my ‘hood that made good.

Yes, goes against the grain of the Hollywood “elites”. Seems like he was executive producer for this as well.

I have yet to watch anything with him in it that I haven’t enjoyed

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, atleast I have 2 hours of my life planned out.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Me Too!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazon bought MGM. Looks like it may be trying to make it's mark in the movie industry.

Might be something good for us Prime subscribers.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/ma...hollywood-studio-mgm

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Started a day early

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Worth watching. Plenty of action. Reminds me a bit of Predator or Alien. Maybe not the greatest of all time but given what has been produced of late, it’s better than a lot of it.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, just in-time for a long weekend.

Yvonne Strahovski and Betty Gilpin...nice, very nice Cool

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching it. Pretty good. Good for two hours of not quite Military Sci Fi escapism.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I watched it last night and enjoyed it. Could have done with seeing a few more mag changes. The amount of rounds on target needed to put down one of those critters reminded me of a similar scenario with the bugs in Starship Troopers.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I kinda liked it and I’m not a Sci-Fi or Fantasy movie fan.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
It was a lot of different sci-fi films trying to be good all at once.
Had its moments, but too many "oh c'mon Roll Eyes" scenes and major plot holes for me to want to watch it again.

They did spend a couple bucks on effects though, I'll give them that.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
Watching it now...already found my first plothole and a bugaboo to nitpick. Frown

if'n ya can't kill them easily with one weapon type, why do they keep using them?

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seen it, was ok, but yeah, the tactics in this made no sense

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
It was 'meh.'

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm beginning to think that most modern movies are 30 minutes too long, this one included.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
From a xenobiological perspective, the White Spikes (which has to rank highly on the "Dumb Alien Names" list) don't look like a species that could have mastered interstellar travel.

So I'm waiting for a plot twist.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I give them credit for at least making a movie that's somewhat original and not some remake or reboot.

That said there are times where the CGI was impressive and other times where it was amateur at best. The same goes for the directing. Some scenes look like it was shot by high school film students on a shoestring budget.

Overall I give it a 6/10. Slightly above average, perhaps worth a watch if you have nothing better to do but this isn't a movie I'd rewatch in its entirety.

Posts: 790 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post